The Disappearance of Shinki Arc Chapter 9: I'm Sorry....Shinki!

After Shinki landed his punch on Keiichineko, Keiichineko just spat out blood and continued not to move. Shinki, on the other hand, was Speedstaring all over the place to try and catch Keiichineko off guard.

"Why does Keiichineko look like he has given up on this fight?", wondered Hebi.

"Take this! Demon Arts: Inu Style: Calcio di Lupo!", chanted Shinki.

Shinki's Demon Energy wrapped around his right leg and his foot turned into the shape of a wolf's head. He raised his leg high and kicked Keiichineko underneath the chin and then in the stomach. Keiichineko made no attempts to block these attacks and just let them all hit him. He stumbled back a little bit and just kept coughing up and wiping away his blood.

"What are you playing at, Keiichineko?! Why are you letting Shinki hurt you like this?!", yelled Hebi.

"My body.....My mind....it's rejecting me from fighting and defending.", told Keiichineko.

"Is this the work of Rill?", questioned Hebi.

"It's not me. I'm just enjoying the entertainment.", smirked Rill.

"Fight back! Keiichineko!!! Enraged Beast: Cerberus!", shouted Shinki.

He let the power off his blade and launched it towards Keiichineko. The Demon Energy crashed itself towards Keiichineko and this time it really it took a toll on him. He was kneeling on one knee and trying to catch his breath after that powerful attack. Scuffs and bruises were appearing all over Keiichineko's body after taking all of those powerful attacks at point blank.

Shinki began to Speedstar around the room once more and armoured up his fist with Demonia and punched Keiichineko in face. He punched so hard that Keiichineko went flying backwards with the force and ended up with his nose being broken in the process.

"Why are not defending yourself, Keiichineko?!!!!!! Fight back!!!!!!", bewailed Hebi.

Keiichineko opened his eyes but his vision was hazy. He could barely see what was in front of him and all he could feel was the pain from every hit he got of Shinki. The pain he felt wasn't the injuries he sustained from him, it was actually the pain Shinki was feeling.

Deep down Keiichineko didn't want the fight to come to this. He was just in disbelief that Shinki didn't think they could help him through this fight. He was angry that after all this time Shinki still didn't believe in them.

He began to think of the past and how Shinki was an angry kid who didn't know what his life came to. After the culling of the Inu Realm, it became very hard for Shinki to really open up about his feelings and how he felt about the world. However, Keiichineko was the first person who was able to crack open his sorrow filled soul and help him through his sorrows.

Thinking back at those memories, a tear began to roll down his cheek. Keiichineko was disappointed in himself for not helping Shinki. He felt like he let his best friend down big time.

"Why are you crying, Keiichineko?", asked Shinki.

"Because I've let you down.", replied Keiichineko.

"Huh?", wondered Shinki.

"Finish me off, Shinki. I don't mind dying by your hands.", stated Keiichineko.

"What are you saying, Keiichineko?!", panicked Hebi while the pressure of him sinking became stronger.

"All this time and I should have known. You still missed your original friends and family, didn't you? I know you are doing this for two reasons, Shinki. The first one is to protect us from a greater threat and the second is mainly so you can protect her. But did you ever stop to think how we would feel about this?", stated Keiichineko.

"I'm sorry it had to be this way, Keiichineko, but you must realise that me leaving is for the best.", sniffled Shinki.

"If that's what you believe. If you really want to stop us from coming after you then....kill me.", told Keiichineko.

"You're being ridiculous, Keiichineko! What do you think Suzuki is going to think about this?", yelled Hebi.

"It is what it is.......", stated Keiichineko.

"If it protects them then......Enraged Beast: Blitz!", blubbered Shinki as he swung his sword back.

"Dammit! Snake Whips! Pullback Wrap!", cursed Hebi.

Before Shinki went to stab Keiichineko, Hebi wrapped his Snake Whips around Keiichineko and pulled him out of the way, however, this made Hebi fall deeper into the portal that is sucking him up.

Rill, with his massive grin on his face, began to slowly clap as he moved closer to Shinki.

"That was quite the performance, Shinki, but that's enough. I don't want you exercising your power and potential too much.", said Rill sarcastically.

"I'm falling!", struggled Hebi.

"Release! Since I saw courage coming from both of you, I will let you go. See it as the Inu's grace before the end nears.", explained Rill.

After he said that, the portals underneath Hebi's body disappeared and forced him back up. Keiichineko had already passed out from all the damage he sustained from the fight and Shinki was already slumped down out of exhaustion.

"Now Shinki! Meet me at the Watarano's Fields and we will begin our new journey.", commanded Rill.

"Sorry, Keiichineko....Hebi. I am going to become the King of the new Inu Realm.", lamented Shinki.

"Void: Shattered Space!", announced Rill.

After that, the space they were all in broke into non existent pieces....

*Thank you for reading this chapter of 'Mysterious Ways!'. If you like this chapter please leave a like and vote to show your support!