Yuusha Country Arc Chapter 10: Back to the Past! Demons vs the Yuusha!

We now go back a hundred years into the past. It was a tough time during this period for both humans and demons. Senseless wars and countless battles raged on during these times. For the people of this period, it seemed like this war would never end.

Why were there wars raging on, you ask? The answer is simple...it was for dominance and power!

For thousands of years prior, humans ruled the way of the world. They were the ones that plunged the world and mankind forward. To them, demons were nothing but tools to drive them forward. It was up until then that the demons took action.

In retrospect, the demons were miles stronger than the humans in terms of abilities. However, there were still humans that had powers that were or based on Ancient powers. That power created what we know today as Onmyouji and Yuusha powers.

It was a shame that, at that time, the world was like that. In the era of the First Akimitsu, humans and demons got on really well, but deep down, the First Akimitsu knew that the peace he had lived in was not going to last.

The world changes constantly. That is why the First Akimitsu foresaw four events that would take place in the future. The events being discussed here is what he called the 'Chainbreaker War'.

The First Akimitsu stated that the Chainbreaker War would take place in the 20th Century of the world. He could see that the world would come to use and manipulate the good demons to their advantage. However, what he knew was that anger would build up and destroy the once pure hearts of the demons. Once people back demons into a corner, their true fangs begin to appear. 

Just like humans, demons will want to seek freedom out of the hell hole that they are currently stuck in. It is just an instinct to feel that way, and that is why they will want to break free of the chains holding them down.

The final thing the First Akimitsu said on the matter was, "This war will determine the future of our kind. Whatever the outcome is, the changes that come from the battle will shape the way the demon society will be for a long time. That is, until the next big event that happens. The event is set to take place in the year 2019.".

Everything in the vision that the First Akimitsu had ended up becoming true. The war took place in the century that he envisioned it would, and the reasoning behind it was the same too. 

The catalyst for this war was the exhaustion the humans were causing the demons at the time. They were working them that hard, that demons dropped dead like flies near every minute. When the death toll was getting too big, it was then when they decided to fight back. With that type of determination, the demons plotted to steal something important from them. The land known as the Yuusha Country.

In July of 1919, the war began to take shape. Blood spilt onto the battlefield and engraved itself into the soil. The scenes that were caused there was pure insanity. Some described the fights that took place a pure hell. 

Despite that, it took one ray of hope on the demons side to realize that something like this needs to end. His name was Hiromitsu!

*Thank you for reading this chapter of Mysterious Ways! If you enjoyed it, please leave a comment and a vote. Make sure to share this story too, as we are trying to hit 1000 reads!

Authors Comment: Sonic game news is finally being published on Thursday. I can't wait to see what they have in store for us. Hopefully, the story will be more enticing than Sonic Forces!