Attack on Cat Palace Arc Chapter 12: Welcome Hikari!

A few days have past since the incident took place between the Fujimura Clan and Hitsora. No one apart from Keiichineko and Tekeshi know the aftermath of Shinra revealing of his Onmyouji powers as well. Everyone woke up within a few hours after the incident but as usual, Suzuki has only just woke up.

"Wh...Where am I?!", wondered Suzuki as he was slowly reopening his eyes.

"Nyahahahahaha! It's about time you woke up, Suzuki!", laughed Keiichineko.

"Huh....Keiichineko. What happened?!", said Suzuki hazily.

"Even I'm not sure what happened. We all got knocked unconscious and then we ended up tucked up safe in the surviving area of the Cat Palace.", explained Keiichineko.

"I don't believe that though.", pointed out Shinki.

"Nyahahaha! And what is there not to believe?", asked Keiichineko.

"Well, I quite clearly heard you say to Captain Tekeshi to leave it to you. You obviously had something to do with us surviving. Why are you not admitting it?!", pursued Shinki.

"Now, now you guys! There's no need to fight about it.", advised Suzuki.

"But Master Suzuki.....", started Shinki.

"Look, I know what you are trying to say, Shinki but it's clear that Keiichineko wants to hide something from us. Does it annoy me?! Yes! Of course it does but there is a reason why he is keeping it a secret. You've known Keiichineko longer than me, then surely you should be able to realize that he doesn't want to reveal it.", countered Suzuki.

"If you want my opinion on this, I think it was the Nekogami!", gleamed Asumineko as she grabs hold of Suzuki's hands.

"Queen Asumineko! Where did you come from?!", gasped Suzuki.

"We've only just entered the room, Master Suzuki.", replied Naoyuki.

"Oh, you're awake Suzuki!", Hebi joined in.

"Yeah. Queen Asumineko, King Naoyuki. I apologies for failing to protect the Cat Palace and saving your son.", apologised Suzuki.

"There is no need. We saw that you did your best and your scars prove that.", responded Naoyuki.

"Scars?! Oh, this one!", asked Suzuki as he pointed to the middle of his chest.

"Yeah.", answered Naoyuki.

"This has been around since I was little. It happened in an accident with my little sister and her friend Ayaka.", revealed Suzuki.

"I see. Well at least you didn't gain it for our sake. However Master Suzuki, you should take pride in what you achieved, you not only protected us and the Neko Realm, you saved our precious Hikari from being killed and we will forever be grateful to you for that. I can't remember when we gained a distance between us and Hitsora but we will get him back at no cost!", vowed Naoyuki.

"Thank you very much for your kind words! Anyway, where is Princess Hikarineko?", questioned Suzuki.

"She's been stuck in her room since the whole incident. She hasn't opened up to any of us.", stated Hebi.

"Leave it to me!", smiled Suzuki as he got out of bed.

With a determined look on his face, Suzuki leaves his bed and goes all the way to her room to go and see how she is doing. As Suzuki walked down the corridor, he looked out of the window to his side to see that the restoration of the Palace is nearly done and fixed. Everyone from the locals down to the Guards helped to bring the fallen Palace back up. Suzuki thought that it was incredible that the locals and the Guards have a deep trust for the Royal Cat Family and didn't understand why Hitsora wanted to destroy that. Suzuki has now arrived at Hikari's room and he began to feel nervous as to what the outcome could be.