Capitani Leggeri Arc Chapter 2: The Light Recons!

Later that evening, Suzuki and the others were handed suits and dresses to wear for the ceremony of Suzuki entering the Ricognizione Leggera. Still not knowing what the importance of this role, Suzuki asked Keiichineko and the other boys while they were getting dressed.

"Say, what is a Ricognizione Leggera?", asked Suzuki.

"Ricognizione Leggera, or Light Recon, is a special title given to up and coming stars in the Good Demon Realm. These candidates are the ones closest to becoming a Clan Leader in the Capitani Leggera. In other words, once someone leaves the Capitani Leggeri, you will be a candidate to become a Captain in the Capitani Leggeri.", explained Keiichineko.

"So......I could become a part of the Capitani Leggeri!", gasped Suzuki.

"Yeah! But remember, it is ranked on who goes first. Since you have just been recognized, you will be at the bottom of the list.", Keiichineko elaborated.

"Ah.....", sighed Suzuki.

"There's only four people who can be a part of the Ricgonizione Leggera at a time, Master Suzuki. In other words, you gotta keep fighting for your spot there or you could get knocked out at any time. The more your name goes out, the higher rank you get!", told Shinki.

"So, have I knocked someone out of the top four?", questioned Suzuki.

"From what I've heard, there has been a spot vacant for a few months now. The last person to leave the Light Recons was Benjiro Saito.", Hebi chipped in.

"Nyahahaha! He's now in the Capitani Leggeri?! I remember him. He's as calm as a cucumber!", laughed Keiichineko.

"I heard that there is also a new Seventh Captain too. She used to be the Vice Captain a few weeks back until the former died.", mentioned Shinki.

"Hmm....There's so much to learn. It hasn't really hit me yet!", smiled Suzuki.

"Don't worry~nyaa! This is a great step towards achieving your dreams!", grinned Keiichineko.

Now that they have finished getting dressed, they left the room and sat in the waiting room. Not so long after they sat down, Hikari and Anna walked into the room.

Hikari wore a nice black frilly dress and white high heal shoes. She wore black silk gloves too. Her hair was nicely done by being curled at the bottom of her hair. She was wearing a nice coat of makeup along side red lipstick.

Anna wore a nice light purple maxi dress and wore light purple high heels. She too wore elbow length gloves but they were white. Her hair was tided up into a ponytail and had curly strands on both sides of her face.

"You two looking stunning.", spilled Suzuki as he didn't realise what he let out.

They both went bright red at the words of Suzuki. He went red too as he realised what happened and what's to come.

"Nyahahahahahaha! When did you become so bold?", teased Keiichineko.

"I bet you say that to all the girls, Master Suzuki.", jested Hebi.

"I can see the confidence brimming through you, Master Suzuki.", joked Shinki.

As all the boys were joking with each other, the girls were still getting over the comment.

"Yo......You idiot!", stuttered Anna.

"Ah~Master Suzuki! I will marry you!", proclaimed Hikari as she latched onto him.

"Marriage? I never mentioned anything like that. Stop rubbing your face on me too, you're going to smug your makeup!", blushed Suzuki as he tried to pry himself away from Hikari.

As the commotion was getting out of hand, Daiki entered the room to calm them down and let them know that they now can enter the hall.

Flash!

The lights were turned up to the fullest, giving the room a lovely warm feeling. There was colourful balloons in every corner in the room and nice long buffet table to the side of the room too.

Stood mid centre of the room was three people who not even Keiichineko knew.

"Allow me to introduce them. These three are the other members of the Light Recons.", began Daiki.

"My name is Haru Hayakawa! I'm the third rank! Nice to meet you!", introduced Haru.

"I'm the second rank, Hajime! You're the kid that everyone is banging on about, huh? Let's be friends!", smiled Hajime.

"I'm Yuri Kawano.", Yuri brushed off.

"Nice to meet you all!", replied Suzuki.

"You've gone against some foes, that means that you are plenty strong. Let's train together some day!", offered Hajime.

"Sure!", agreed Suzuki.

"I...I can't believe I get to meet you so soon! I only started a year before you but when I heard your story, I couldn't help but be intrigued by you.", praised Haru as she got close.

"Th...Thanks!", blushed Suzuki.

Seeing Suzuki get embarrassed by Haru got both Anna and Hikari jealous. Since Haru was pretty close to Suzuki, they both placed their hands onto each of his shoulders and pulled in tight.

"Oh, Master Suzuki! Your blazer feels very soft and smooth.", said Hikari in an agitated tone.

"You're right, Hikari-chan. It is very soft!", grinned Anna angrily.

"Oi! You two....what's wrong?", fretted Suzuki.

"Let me feel too!", joined Haru.

"Hmph! What a load of nonsense.", sighed Yuri as she walked off.

"Ignore her. She might seem anti-social but she just needs time to warm up to you.", told Hajime.

"Attention!", exclaimed Daiki.

Everyone stopped talking amongst themselves and turned their attention towards Daiki.

"Please welcome, the Capitani Leggeri!!", announced Daiki.

*Thanks for reading this chapter of Mysterious Ways! If you enjoyed please leave a comment and a vote! Make sure to share this story too as we are trying to hit 1000 reads!!!!

Authors Comment: I have recently been getting into some new manga from Shonen Jump. Mission: Yozakura Family is really good and you should give it a try! Gosu on Webtoon is really good too!