Onmyouji Arc Chapter 4: City Battle! Shinki vs The Prodigy!

"So you was able to block that, huh? How about this? Onmyouji Arts: Book 2: Page 1: Line 1: Powerrrrr....house!!!", yelled Zen with crazed eyes.

Zen's eyes had a white glow around his iris as he chanted the move. Shinki stood there on guard, waiting for the attack to come his way but this move was something that you can't defend against. Suddenly, tremors trembled inside Shinki's body causing him to shake and his skin to stretch. He began to cough up blood violently and lost stability of his body. 

Zen flashed in front of him and said, "Onmyouji Arts: Muscle Talisman: Kick!".

Zen leg began to glow a warm white colour and he then forcefully kicked Shinki in the stomach which sent him upwards towards the sky, he flashed in front of Shinki once more but this time his whole arm glew a warm white colour. He smacked him in the face and sent him scurrying across the air. He landed in the building behind him, causing a big crack in the wall.

"Just what was that now?", struggled Shinki as he tries to recover from them fierceful attacks.

"From what me and Ryu could sense, you was the second strongest in your squad, first was that cat and third was your captain. I'm not going to lie to you, you are weak.", Zen called out.

"Shut it!", barked Shinki.

"What's your name, Demon?", asked Zen.

"Shinki.", replied Shinki.

"Shinki, huh. My name is Zen Kawamato of the Branch Family.", introduced Zen.

"Branch Family?", thought Shinki.

"You couldn't even handle a Powerhouse attack from some in the Branch Family. Ha! How are you suppose to handle any other attacks?", teased Zen.

"Powerhouse?", wondered Shinki.

"Powerhouse is a flash of our Mana power that slips into any unnatural being without them noticing. It causes the body to falter as it has a rush of unnatural power flow in their bloodstream. If I keep using this power, you are good as dead.", explained Zen.

As he understood the situation he is in, Shinki Speedstar'd away from him and used the Skywalk ability and then launched off his 'Enraged Beast: Cerberus!' and launches it towards Zen.

"That's a lot of Demon Energy. Sokudo! Sora!", chanted Zen.

He flashed away from Shinki's attack and ended up behind him. He just let off a smirk and used his 'Onmyouji Arts: Book 2: Page 1: Line 1: Powerhouse!'. Just like last time, the power made Shinki's body tremble and made him lose footing when using his Skywalk ability. Crash! Shinki fell face first to the fall.

"How interesting! You keep your sword in your hand even though you're getting your ass whooped. You Demons have no fear, do you? Well, then let me show you!", smirked Zen. "Onmyouji Arts: Book 2: Page 1: Line 5: Mana Sword!".

All of a sudden, a blade of light developed in Zen's hands. He walked over to Shinki and stabs the Mana blade in Shinki's back. This caused him to scream out in pain as he could feel the pure Mana enter his bloodstream. Blood was constantly coming out of his mouth as Zen kept pushing the blade in further.

"It's over. Onmyouji Arts: Mana Sword: Thunder Pierce!", hollered Zen.

Just as Zen chanted his move, Shinki new that he had another chance to get out of this situation and turn the tables around.

"It's not over! This is the biggest mistake you've made, Zen. Forbidden Enraged Beast: Raiju!", called Shinki.

The electricity that gathered around the tip of Zen's Mana Sword began to be absorbed by Shinki's Raiju. Shinki garnered the strength to get back up and pull that malicious Mana blade out of his body. The Demon Energy that he was producing caused Zen to be pushed back and lose a bit of his footing. Shinki's eyes became more sharp as he had a stronger fear factor.

"A forbidden technique?!", gasped Zen.

Before Zen had any time to react to what beast has just awakened in front of him, Shinki already Speedstar'd past him and called out his attack, 'Enraged Beast: Electrical Blitz!". A big cut appeared at the side of his stomach and then bursted out with electricity.

"How quick has he gotten?! Not even using Sokudo at my level will match it.", panicked Zen.

"Don't keep your eyes off me, kid!", warned Shinki as he appeared behind him.

Zen quickly turned his back but Shinki was no longer there. He then heard a crackle come from the sky, he looked above him and saw Shinki once more, charging his electrical version of his Cerberus. Zen quickly shouted 'Onmyouji Arts: Book 2: Page 2: Line 1: Mana Shield!'. A warm white light flashed in front of him to protect him from Shinki attack. Knowing fully well that his attack may be guarded, Shinki still goes ahead with it and launches it down towards Zen. The blue coloured attack splits into two thanks to Zen's shield. Once the attack stopped coming, Zen used the Powerhouse attack once more to throw him off once more.

"I guess this is it for testing out you, Onmyouji's.", smiled Shinki.

"Why?! Why?! Why aren't you affected by the Powerhouse attack!", raged Zen.

"There is only one reason as to why you lost and that's because of your arrogance!", Shinki pointed out as he ended up behind him once more.

"How?!", chided Zen as he regrew his Mana Sword.

"It's over for you! Enraged Beast: Thunder Fang!", announced Shinki.

Zen tried to defend the attack by putting his sword horizontally as Shinki's attack was to stab his blade. Crack! Shinki broke the Mana sword in an instant and pierced the blade through Zen's left shoulder. Then, an electrical was created from his Demon energy and bit his shoulder, allowing electricity to flow into his body. Shinki removed his blade and kicked him to the ground.

"Bu....t....how?! How were you able to destroy my Mana Sword?! No demon power is supposed to break an Onmyouji's attack?!", questioned Zen.

"Seems like you are new, kid. You'll find out one day. Just be lucky that I am nice enough for you to carry on and find that answer.", replied Shinki as sheathed his sword.

He then called out 'Demon Arts: Cube Prison' and then sat down to catch his breathe.

"I'll admit it though, Zen. You Onmyouji magic is very strong. This is a first time in a long time since I have faced an Onmyouji and you have probably been the heaviest hitter.", praised Shinki.

"Hmph! I don't need your praise, Shinki.", shrugged off Zen.

Meanwhile, Hikari was partnered with Manami at the back end of the city.

"I can sense that you have some prestigious Demon Energy! You're going to be worth killing, little girl!", threatened Manami.

"Ohhhhh! I wish Master Suzuki was able to see me in action for the first time.", complained Hikari.

"Don't worry, he will be watching. Cousin Ryu will be presenting your loss to him.", said Manami confidently.

"Really?! Yes! Now then, let's get this show on the road!", Hikari piped up.

*Thank you for reading this chapter of 'Mysterious Ways!'. If you like this chapter please leave a like and vote to show your support! Shinki was able to defeat Zen. but what technique did he use to defeat Zen's Onmyouji's power?! How will Hikari fair against Manami? Find out next time!!!!