Yuusha Country Arc Chapter 5: Clash! Keiichineko vs Hiraku Watanabe!

As Keiichineko and the others ran through the doors of the Tatami Tower, they entered what seemed to be a massive hallway. There were tatami sliding doors on each side, and the flooring was made of wood and had a dark brown colour.

"Oi, Erika! Think about your surroundings. We are in enemy territory." warned Keiichineko.

"That's right, Demon. You are in my territory." called a man who was behind them all.

They all swiftly turn around and not only notice that both Suzuki and Anna aren't there but, a man clasping the handle of his sword fiercely.

"Shit! He's the Head of the Yuusha Country, Hiraku Watanabe!" exclaimed Hiro.

Sensing the bloodthirsty look in this man's eyes, Keiichineko used Flashstar and swung his blade towards him. Hiraku was able to react instantaneously and shrugged him away easily by just using his scabbard. 

He quickly unsheathed his sword, used the flat part of the blade and whacked Keiichineko. 

Bang!

Keiichineko crashed into the room to his left side after being hit by Hiraku. He rolled over a few times but was able to stop himself from tumbling too far. He shook his head, dusted himself down and got back up.

"You guys! Let me handle this Hiraku guy. Our main objective is to stop this execution from going ahead. These people seem to live by the rules, so I am sure there will be a piece of paper that has issued their execution. Find it and destroy it, as by law it won't be allowed to go ahead." commanded Keiichineko.

Understanding that Keiichineko was trying to save them from mere death, Erika led the way and went to go and find the legal documents.

Hiraku let them do as they please, as he was confident that he could take on and finish Keiichineko within a matter of seconds. He stepped into what appeared to be a traditional dojo and glared down at Keiichineko.

"Wise move, former Vice-Captain of the Good Demon Lord." approved Hiraku.

"You knew my name? It's an honour, but I am sure that you know that this isn't going to be an easy fight for you?" teased Keiichineko.

"Likewise, Demon. I was impressed by your speed and power before, however, it's no match for me," said Hiraku with confidence. 

Hiraku stood his ground and let a white aura surround his body. He closed his eyes and took one step forward.

Poof...

Hiraku disappeared from Keiichineko's vision in an instant. He could tell that he still was here, but he just couldn't physically see him. 

Whoosh!

He appeared in front of the sign above the door that said 'Wisdom', but vanished once again. It was like he was travelling at the speed of light!

Being wary of his sudden increase of speed, Keiichineko activated his Oni-Sense ability and tried to counter whatever was coming his way.

Clash!

Hiraku appeared and went in to strike Keiichineko, but he countered it with ease.

"A light-powered user. How interesting!" smirked Keiichineko.

Hiraku removed himself away from Keiichineko and looked him dead in the eye. 

"Your pressure tactic won't work on me. I am at Overlords level for my Demonia. You'll have to do better than that!" revealed Keiichineko.

He flashstar'd towards Hiraku and tried to land a hit with his Demonia coated blade. Hiraku just stepped side to side to stop the blade from touching him. However, he made a lapse in his judgement. 

Within every strike that Keiichineko did, he discreetly activated his 'Ice Slash' move, which allowed bits of the shards to land on his body.

This might have seemed like nothing to Hiraku, but it meant everything to Keiichineko.

"Demon Arts: Iced Compact!" 

Keiichineko crossed his fingers to activate the power. The small shards of ice all of a sudden began to develop into larger pieces of ice. It grew all over his body, making him unable to move at all.

"Keiichineko Style: Tigre Breakpoint!" 

With the Tigre mode on, Keiichineko swiped his blade across Hiraku's body. This fight was over.

The power was that strong that it even split him in half...or did it?

Stab!

The real Hiraku was behind Keiichineko and pierced him in his back.

"...A clone?!"

Keiichineko was in a tight pinch...

*Thank you for reading this chapter of Mysterious Ways! If you enjoyed it, please leave a comment and a vote. Make sure to share this story too, as we are trying to hit 1000 reads!

Authors Comment: I am sorry that I am taking another break from this story. Next week is an important one, and I need to focus on it.

I will see you all on my return on the 17th of May!