Yuusha Country Arc Chapter 26: Enemy Sweep up!

"You were just unlucky to be put up against us. Now, time to send you back to the Good Demon Realm," announced Shinki as he was about to unleash the seal.

"How naive..." smirked Goldie.

All of a sudden, Goldie pulled out what looked like a water grenade from her pocket. Shinki tried to get away from her, but Goldie was able to stop Shinki's movement by tying a thin thread of Demon Energy around his legs.

"Idiot, you'll get caught up in the blast too!" warned Shinki.

"Do you really think I would get hit by my own move?" jested Goldie.

"Wha-?!"

Just as Shinki was about to react, Goldie began to undergo a form change. Water began to form around her and flow out of control. The water turned from being clear to having an orange colour. Shinki kept his distance as he couldn't make out what the form change is.

"Oni-Chi: Snipers Cloak!" called Goldie.

The water cloak was a burning orange and covered her face, leaving only her fish eyes visible. 

She pulled the tag of the water grenade and let go.

Bang!

The explosion caused a massive amount of high pressured water to pour out in all directions. It was that strong enough that it caused the windows of the buildings to shatter instantly. Even Erika and Hikari got caught up in it.

"That's too powerful!" exclaimed Hikari.

"There is no way Shinki survived a direct hit like that!" worried Erika.

As the dust settled, both Hikari and Erika could see two people standing in the smoke. They looked relieved as they at least knew Shinki was not blown to pieces from the attack.

"Star shapes in the eyes. It looks likes I've driven you to that state, huh. The Enhanced Visions of an Overlord." Goldie pointed out.

"E..Even though it was 30 seconds, I was able to get out of the way enough of it not being fatal." huffed Shinki as he was catching his breath.

"Still, you can't continue, can you?" teased Goldie.

Shinki knew full well he couldn't continue and be victorious. The Enhanced Visions of an Overlord is something he has only just mastered. It took up a large amount of Demon Energy, and Shinki currently doesn't have the ability to facilitate that.

Just as all hope was lost, a certain someone came in just in time!

"Colourless World! Paint Gun: Yellow!" chanted Gara.

Goldie looked up to the sky and saw a thunderbolt come crashing towards her. She jumped out of the way, but the power of the thunderbolt caused her to stumble over.

"Gara!" exclaimed Erika.

"Another enemy?!" panicked Hikari.

"Fear not. I am not here to oppose you at the moment. I am only here to filter out the scum that has been trashing our Country." told Gara.

"Dammit! If he's here, then he will finish this one. Once he's done that, he will come for us. It's going to be a while before I can properly recuperate. Is it over for us?" thought Shinki while analyzing the situation.

"I'm not going to hurt you after I take her down either," Gara stated.

"Huh?"

"The execution is off since these have come and ruined the party. I currently have no reason to attack you since we have the same common enemy," revealed Gara.

"That name...Are you the one from Boss Megalo's past?" questioned Goldie.

"What of it?" replied Gara coldly.

"You ruined my Boss's life. That's what of it!" Goldie fired back.

"It's quite the opposite. I saved his life." Gara clarified.

"Liar!" yelled Goldie.

"The truth was that his father implanted Demon Energy bombs into each and every civilian in his area. He planned to kill everyone there and pin it on us. So, instead, we made his plan a reality, but we killed him."

"Shut up!" shouted Goldie as she prepared her Calling.

"The only person who didn't have that implanted in him was that Megalo you speak of. I let him live to make things more interesting, however, it seems to have backfired," explained Gara.

"Bubble Sniper: Pierce Shot!" chanted Goldie.

"People who act more on impulse always lose in the end." sighed Gara.

He jumped over the water bullet and planned his next move. He chanted, "Paint Gun: Grey" and clicked his fingers. Goldie jumped expecting something to come from the sky like last time, but she was completely wrong. Metal came from the ground and pierced her feet. This stopped all movement for her.

"Does any form of life matter to you? You monster?!" screamed Goldie.

"There's only one thing that matters to me now..." started Gara.

He pointed his fingers towards Goldie and used his 'Paint Gun: Red' power. He aimed for her stomach, which moved her away from the place her feet was impaled. 

"And that's your loss!" declared Gara as he took down Goldie.

*Thank you for reading this chapter of Mysterious Ways! We have finally hit 1000 views! Thank you ever so much for helping me reach this milestone! Please continue to support the series!

Authors Comment: We are reaching the climax of this arc! If we include the two Shinki centric arcs, this will end up surpassing them in chapters! Also, this book will reach the limit of chapters allowed in one book. So, there will be a continuing book once we hit that limit.