2: Hans Family*

Emerald Hans.

That was the name of the owner of the body that she woke into.

They said she got into accident habang naglalakad lakad sila ng mga step-siblings niya na sila Lory at Daniel sa may riverside. She fell into the water and unfortunately, didn't know how to swim. Bukod pa doon, the stream of water in the river at that time was very torrential.

Nagtamo siya ng maraming sugat sa katawan at dalawang buwan din siyang nasa comatose state bago nagising.

Samantha calculated that this Emy got into accident the same day as she died in explosion.

It must really be fate's work then when she woke up in this body.

Hindi siya relihiyosong tao but this event of her life was totally mysterious.

Anyway, habang nasa ospital siya ay inalam niya mula sa mga taong kasama niya kung anong klaseng tao si Emy.

Turned out na isang buwan bago ang aksidente niya ay namatay ang kanyang Papa due to car accident naman.

Emy was left with her step-family then. Ella, Lory and Daniel.

And when her uncle heard about her accident, agad na pinuntahan siya nito kasama ang buo niyang pamilya. They were Uncle Shin, Auntie Shelly, Shantal, Sabrina and Samuel.

Samantha remembered all of them at once.

She also concluded from these people's story that Emy was a kind person. If her thought was right, this Emy was too kind for her own good.

In her old life, she regarded people who were too kind for their own good as foolish. They didn't know how to judge people properly and trust whole-heartedly only to get betrayed in the end.

Her lips hooked up with sarcasm.

Wasn't she foolish too?

Her description just suited herself too much.

What Samantha didn't know, these people in Emy's life were observing her too. And when they saw her bitter smile, a sudden cold crept up on their hearts. Especially the two step-siblings of Emy. They had no idea why but they suddenly felt anxious.

***

On the next day, inuwi na siya sa bahay nila Emy. It was a huge manor.

She could tell that the manor was probably a sight when it was still newly built. But now, it felt as if one could barely keep the huge manor clean so it had a gloomy aura around it.

"Home sweet home, Emy," said Shantal.

She just gave her a small smile before following them inside.

"You must be tired, Emy. Go upstairs and rest for a while. Tatawagin ka na lang namin kapag kakain na," sabi sa kanya ni Aunty Shelly.

Shantal rolled her eyes at her mother. "Ma, as if she can remember which her room is upstairs. I'll go with her."

Napailing na lang yung tatlong matatanda bago ngumiti sa kanya.

She took it as encouragement at nagpahigit na kay Shantal.

But it wasn't just her who came. Sabrina and Samuel followed them too. They even brought her thingson her behalf.

Kukuhanin na nga sana niya yung isang bag kay Samuel because it was obviously too big for a kid like him but he just shook his head.

"No. Let Sammy help you, Ate Emy," inosenteng sabi ni Samuel sa kanya.

Agad namang kumirot ang puso niya dahil sa sinabi ng bata. Sammy... That's her childhood name too. Her family called her with that name for her entire childhood and when she grew up, they used it whenever she was intentionally being naughty.