66: Love and Pain

Emy woke up the next morning expecting Sebastian gone. It was normally like that these past few days. The man was going to to do the work the Emperor was asking him to do early in the morning. At nakakauwi ito ng halos magmamadaling araw na.

Serafina said ganun daw talaga ang lalaki kapag may gusto itong makuha. He worked until it's almost morning.

But she was surprised nang magising siya at namulatan ang lalaki sa tabi niya. Sebastian was obviously watching her sleep. When he saw her opened her eyes, agad siyang nginitian nito.

"Good morning."

Emy sat as soon as she got passed her surprise.

"Why are you still here?"

Napasimangot ang lalaki dahil doon. Then he touched his nose.

"I might be really too busy lately. My wife doesn't want to see me now early in the morning."

Emy rolled her eyes before removing the blanket that was covering. Patayo na sana siya when Sebastian grabbed her suddenly at napabalik siya sa higaan ng wala sa oras.

"Sebastian..." Reklamo niya dito.

But the guy just hugged her properly, placing his face on her neck.

"You smell so good. How come you haven't changed that much magmula ng makilala kita? You still look the same, smell the same..."

"My God, Sebastian. You sound like a sick stalker."

He just chuckled.

Emy sighed and let him lay there like that.

"I miss you... so much."

"You should."

Naramdaman niya ang pagngiti ng lalaki mula sa leeg niya. Then he sat and looked at her.

"Let's go out today. Let's eat out, shop, buy things... whatever you want to do."

Nangunot ang noo ni Emy.

"How about the Emperor?"

Sebastian sighed. "It is my free day today. In fact, sa mga ilang araw pa. And I plan to spend them all with you. Baka mamaya, ipagpalit mo na ako dahil sa sobrang busy ko."

Napailing na lang si Emy saka tumayo na ulit.

"Oh well, if you have a plan to do that, then let's eat first."

***

The next days, the couple was in their own world.

They spent their time together mula paggising sa umaga hanggang sa maggabi. They ate out and bought things gaya ng sabi ni Sebastian.

They rode a horse, did picnic and visited places within Grey City. Then there were also nights kung saan nakaupo lang sila sa itaas ng Throne Palace at nakatanaw sa buong Grey City just like in their wedding day.

Emy's heart was content habang nakaupo siya sa tabi ng lalaki and their hands were entwined together. Of course, these previous days were full of revelations and stress. As much as she tried not to show it, she was deeply affected by it.

Lalo na kanila Xeno at Misa.

She sighed and shook her head as soon as maisip niya ang dalawa. She should stop thinking about them right now. These free days of Sebastian are too precious para lang isipin niya sila.

Mukha namang nahulaan ni Sebastian ang iniisip niya. He leaned to her and kissed her forehead.

"Just us for now."