82: Storm

That night, the Royal Palace is preparing for the New Year's Eve.

They have a gathering for the important people of the Grey City.

Of course, everyone in the palace are expected to be there. But somehow, Emy was already excused for not coming. Well, everyone is believing the rumors about her.

However, these people are not aware of what is gonna happen tonight.

Habang nagkakasayahan sila, Haow and the people who supported Emy's cause, are already at the palace.

They had already taken care of the guards of outer palace.

Now they are about to attack the inner palace.

***

The Throne Room was startled when suddenly, the door opened. Pumasok mula doon ang grupo ng mga taong may mga armas.

"What is the meaning of this?" The Emperor asked.

Immediately, he was surrounded by his guards.

But these people still started to attack them. They are expert in fighting, of course. They are the people trained by Sebastian himself. How can they be inferior when it comes to fighting?

Agad namang narecognize ni Sebastian ang mga ito. Kahit na may mga suot silang maskara, he can't mistake the moves of his people.

"Calix, anong ibig sabihin nito?"

Calix suddenly removed his masks.

"I am sorry, Your Highness. I have just chosen which among the two of you to put my whole loyalty now."

...among the two of you...

Kinutuban na si Sebastian doon. But he just let it go as he believed na hindi kayang gawin iyon ni Emy sa kanya.

He pulled his sword and faced Calix. But Haow stepped in between them. He removed his mask and faced Sebastian.

"Haow..." Sebastian's hatred is very clear to his voice.

"Don't hate me, Sebastian. You brought this to yourself."

Their swords clashed. Others started fighting too.

Habang naglalabanan ang karamihan, Calix and some of his people opened the other passages in the room para makapasok ang iba pa nilang tao.

Doon natigilan si Xeno.

He saw another group of armed people entering the room. At ang leader ng mga iyon ay si Atticus.

"Atticus..."

"Ah, Xeno. It's been a while."

The old man with full white hairs greeted him.

"What are you doing here?"

"What do you think?"

"The Royal City..."

"Has been defeated. I owned your city since yesterday night. Your people fought well. Tried to defend your city with their best.

"Unfortunately, Royal City is doomed to fail. I have the most intelligent lady behind my back, how can I lose?"

"Lady? Who is that lady?!"

An arrow suddenly passed in front of Xeno. His cheeks got touched by the arrow causing it to bleed.

"Who---" Hindi na niya naituloy ang sasabihin niya when he saw Emy from the door at may hawak hawak na pana.

"Emy..." Xeno and Sebastian said at the same time. One is full of anger, the other sounded weak.

"What is the meaning of this?!" The Emperor angrily asked Emy.

However, someone else hit him from the back, causing him to fall down on his knees. It was the Prime Minister. The Empress was standing beside him.

"Siegfried, Marcela, why?"

"We did this for the people of Grey, your Highness."

"You have been a puppet of Sebastian for quite sometime now. I can't even recognize you anymore. I am sorry but this needs to be done." The Empress said.

Sakto namang nakalapit si Emy sa kanila.

"Emy..." Sebastian called her.

But she just looked at him mercilessly. Then she looked at Haow. After a nod from her, Haow was able to make Sebastian fall on his knees.

Well, not mainly because he was lack of strength compared to Haow. But it was because he couldn't stop the pain after knowing Emy did this to him.

But can he really blame her?

"So it was you." Xeno said, full of anger.

Emy just passed her gaze on him. Instead, she faced Atticus.

"Emerald, sweetheart... I am right after all. You have changed a lot since the last time I saw you." Atticus reached for her face. "What have they done to you? Your eyes..." Sadness was obvious in the voice of the old man.

"Thank you for coming here, Atticus."

"I would not have turned my back against you. I was set to help you ever since you almost defeated the Royal City.

"It was just ashamed that this Xeno is too smart. But then again, you still outsmart him in the end."

"I am still not yet done, Atticus." Then she looked at Xeno. "This is still not yet the end."

With that, Haow commanded the official emprisonment of the Emperor, Sebastian, Xeno, Misa and the other royal family.

Since they were outnumbered, they realize that fighting is futile.

They had no choice but to cooperate and go with the people of Calix.

"Emy..." Sebastian called Emy once again. Calix was the one who took Sebastian at nang mapadaan sila sa harapan niya, nag-alangan si Calix.

"I have nothing to say to him. Bring him with the others."

Napahinga na lang ng malalim si Calix saka ginuide si Sebastian palabas ng Throne Room.

Saktong paglabas nila ay saka naman may nagputukan sa labas.

Fireworks.

Emy looked outside to see them but it was Sebastian's eyes that met hers.

He's looking at her just like how he used to look at her before they got married. It was full of unsaid feelings and longing.

Kelan nga ba ang huling pagtatama ng kanilang mga mata?

But Emy no longer cared.

She stopped staring at Sebastian.

The guy, however, sighed and looked above.

The fireworks are still spraying its color up above. Giving colors to the white big moon in the sky.

But he no longer sees them anymore. His mind is drifting from his moments with Emy.

Their story together is short. But it was the happiest for him.

And if he could chose living again, he would prefer to have even the shortest time with her.

***

“You and I, we're like fireworks and symphonies exploding in the sky
With you, I'm alive
Like all the missing pieces of my heart, they finally collide

So stop time right here in the moonlight
'Cause I don't ever wanna close my eyes

Without you, I feel broke
Like I'm half of a whole
Without you, I've got no hand to hold
Without you, I feel torn
Like a sail in a storm
Without you, I'm just a sad song
I'm just a sad song..."

***