67: Baited

Lucy, Alessandra and her spent the next days consoling Diana.

Hindi na rin naman ito umiiyak. But she was too sad and heartbroken. Pinaaalala na lamang nilang tatlo si Diadem sa kanya. Na mukha namang effective. Truly a mother's love is unconditional.

However, Emy figured out that wasn't full accidental at all.

When Misa and Xeno left Grey City for a short time, they brought a lot from Grey with them. Vio was one of them.

Hindi niya alam kung kelan naging close ang prinsipe sa kanila. But after spending almost a week there, ayun nga at umuwi ang lalaki na may dalang tatlong babae upang pakasalan.

Isa pa sa nalaman ni Emy, Sebastian was almost one of those people na kasama nila. Kaya pala ilang araw nawala din ang lalaki noon. But he was resolved na ihahatid lamang niya sila hanggang sa may boundary at babalik na din.

Somehow that calm her. But she still couldn't help to think na Xeno and Misa are both trying to mess with her.

In fact, kada makikita nga niya si Misa ay nakangisi ito sa kanya. She must be happy about what's happening to Diana right now.

***

Once again, the Emperor summoned her. As usual, it is still about making amends with Xeno.

Hindi siya nagsalita while the old man was trying to convince her. Ayaw niyang ireject ito ng ireject. He is still the Emperor.

But you know, she didn't expect that he will use an underhand tactic just to make her agree.

That same day, kinausap din siya ni Serafina.

Emy always sees Serafina as a strong woman. But after Xeno, she started to be a bit disoriented with everything. Obviously, she still had feelings towards Xeno. Hindi niya alam kung nag-uusap ba sila. But knowing the guy, he will be taking advantage of everyone and everything that can be considered as useful for him. And Serafina is one of them.

"Emy..."

"Yes, Ma?"

"Can we talk?"

That was the first serious conversation she will have with her. At kinutuban na si Emy dahil wala namang ibang dahilan para mag-usap sila ng seryoso.

"Yes, Ma."

Mahabang katahimikan ang namayani kay Serafina. She was thinking. Emy, on the other hand, waited for her.

"Emy, do you love my son?"

She was seriously flabbergasted.

Emy never considered thinking about her feelings towards Sebastian. She married him because of mutual benefits. Ganun din naman ito sa kanya.

But... she had decided not to close her heart towards him. Diana told her once, it was her choice to marry him for merely as an alliance or for feelings. And she made her decision then.

It wasn't hard to feel for Sebastian anyway. They have long known each other. He was lending her hand back then. Now it is her time to do her job.

"It is not hard to feel something for him."

Napangiti si Serafina.

"You are awefully honest, Emy. That what I always like about you. My son deserves people who are honest. All his life, he'd been surrounded by lies and liars. Kaya din maaga kong sinabi sa kanya ang totoo. Because I don't to be part of those."

Emy nodded.

"But he also derserves to be loved. You should know by now. My son is tough, yes. He acts as one too. But for his loved ones, he can easily get hurt for them. Mainly because, he has only few of them.