8: Chess Pieces 4*

Lucy's heart palpitated when she saw Franco getting down his horse. Of course, she knew the guy. They were in the same year of Level Three. But both of them had different sets of friends kaya naman imposibleng magkadaupang palad silang dalawa.

Except for these kinds of events.

Kung anong tamlay niya kanina, siya namang sigla niya ngayon.

She watched as Franco waited for his mother. Lucy always admired Lie Feng. She was one of the few who accepted foreigner like her whole-heartedly.

Besides, she couldn't find any reason to hate Lie Feng. She was kind to everyone and very down to earth. She was patriotic and of course, mother of Franco.

She stood straight and waited for Franco to walk towards them. But she was surprised when the two maidservants waited in front of the carriage again until a lady went out of it.

The lady was wearing a turquoise dress with flower embroideries. Just like Lie Feng, it was a traditional dress. Her hair was tied in a bun below her head at nilagyan lang iyon ng isang simpleng lotus clip sa may pinakabun nito.

The girl was very simple, indeed. And yet, despite having less accessories than the rest of the ladies here, she stood out.

Everyone watched as Lie Feng entwined her arm to the girl. Then they both followed behind General Hans and Franco. The lady stood out again. She was like a noble woman while walking, graceful and confident. Ibang iba sa karamihan ng mga naririto na mga dalaga.

Lucy couldn't even help comparing her to Diana. The latter obviously paled in comparison. The lady's nobility was so natural as if she was born to be like that.

Suddenly, the four of them were in front of her.

"Happy birthday, Official Sachel." Bati ng mag-asawa sa Papa ni Lucy.

Habang nagbabatian sila ay hindi maalis ang paningin niya kanila Franco at doon sa babae.

"This pretty lady here, is she your future daughter-in-law? Siya na bang mapapangasawa ni Franco?" Biglang tanong ng Papa niya.

Namula naman agad ang tenga ni Franco.

"How can Franco with a nutshell head deserve a lady like her?" Sabi ni Lie Feng.

Lucy saw na napasimangot si Franco. The lady, on the other hand, chuckled.

The two seemed close to one another. Franco leaned towards her saka bumulong which caused the lady to grin wider.

"Emy, come here." Tawag ni Lie Feng at agad namang lumapit yung babae sa tabi niya. The lady smiled at them. "This is Emerald. You can just call her Emy. Pamangkin namin siya. She just arrived a few weeks ago from Royal City."

"It's nice to meet you, Official Sachel." Emy even offered her hand to Lucy's father for a shakehand.

Agad namang nakipagkamay ang papa niya sa dalaga.

"Oh no! The pleasure is all mine, Miss Hans. I have never thought I will meet someone from Royal City. I heard mayayaman lahat ang nasa lugar na iyon."

Emy chuckled silently. "It was just an exaggeration, sir."

Nagpalitan pa ng ilang salita ang matatanda. Si Lucy naman ay napahinga na lang ng malalim. This Emerald girl was amazing to the point that it frustrated her. How could someone become this perfect? At ang malala pa doon, she was close to Franco.

She thought that a guy who has to interact with this kind of girl would definitely have a high standard. Kapag nagkataon, lalo ng walang chance si Lucy kay Franco.