56: Xeno Grey

Emy was indeed correct.

It was Xeno who brought these people here under his command.

It's about time na rin.

He had Misa bring his men and started a war against Grey City. Alam niyang sinunod ng dalaga ang plano niya.

The City was drilled by small cities before even they arrived there. And yet, they were able to survive it all.

Not even the high caliber weapons had defeated them. Not even the artilleries.

And more to his surprised, the Grey City seemed to be prepared.

Explosives, cannons, chemical gas...

They are common, yes. But who would have thought the Grey City will be able to use them against them?

Of course, just like Misa, he knows it was Emy.

Ah, Emerald Hans. Gaano na lang kalaki ang panghihinayang niya sa batang iyon. He saw her capabilities even before. Smarter even his own daughter.

But she has weak points.

Harboring feelings towards people. Holding them dear...

Hindi naman talaga siya naniniwala noon na magagawa ni Emy ang kahihiyan na kinalagyan niya noong party ni Misa. It was his challenge for her to be stronger. He needed her to know how unfair the world is. That justice won't happen not unless you work your own hands.

That time, she was unbelievably strong. He was pleased when she left his residence without crying. Instead, she held her head up as if saying, "I didn't do anything. I don't care you believe me or not."

But then, there was her father's accident. Doon niya na realize that Emy's weakness is not within one self. But on the other people.

She grieved and confronted her enemies without planning. And they just easily pushed her off in Wild River.

Napailing si Xeno.

Alam niya, hanggang ngayon, the lady is still the same. And the way she gave everything in this war is just a proof that she hold these people dearly and she's willing to do everything in the name of protecting him.

Nakaramdam siya ng panghihinayang, oo.

But Emy is his enemy now.

Unfortunately for her, sa dinami rami ng mapupuntahan niya ay ang Grey City.

He has been dying to attack the city since he was young. At hindi niya hahayaan na isang Emerald Hans lang ang bumilyaso ng plano niya.

Misa, however, just stared at her father.

He was very cold to her when he arrived. And the only thing he had told her ever since is, "So you've got defeated by Emy?"

Naikuyom niya ang kanyang kamay. She heard a pride in his words, not for her but for that damned bitch. And what was left for her? Disappointment!

Everytime na makikita siya ni Xeno ay disappointment lang ang nakikita niya sa mga mata nito.

She will get that bitch pay.

She will indeed take everything important to her one by one.

Lingid sa kaalaman ni Misa, Xeno was watching her. And he silently nodded at her anger. Tama yan. Be angry. The more you are angry, the more you will fear nothing. The less you fear, the more merciless you will be.

But surely, no one in this world who is the same like him. Misa is not smart enough. Emy is too emotional.

He wonders kung makakahanap pa ba siya ng perpektong tao kagaya niya?

***

Emy didn't rest.

As soon as they went down from the wall, she met the council.

As far as she knows about the highest weapons of Royal City, they will surely have machine guns, mortars, artilleries, grenades and as what she had seen earlier, tanks.

She couldn't produce that kind of weapons even if she had enough time. Mostly because the resources of Grey City is not that advanced. But it is not like she didn't prepare anymore because of that setback.

She did use what she could have. They are probably not as flashy like the Royal City got but they are ingenious.

***

Sebastian was surprised on the next day.

In the field, may ilan na bagay ang itinatayo doon. There are also some changes on the wall. May nadagdag doon maliban sa cannon.

"What are they?"

"Stone barrel guns." Emy told him.

As much as he wanted her to just stay in the palace, nakakapuslit pa rin ito. At ngayon nga ay naririto siya sa itaas ng wall upang isupervise ang pag-aakyat nitong mga barrel guns.

It is not the barrel guns that you are thinking. It is a kind of simple machine that acting as a gun. A barrel is where the small stones are loaded then these stones will proceed in a tube kung saan nakakabit sa pedal and another tube kung saan lalabas ang bato like a bullet in speed.

Ito ang gagamitin nila panlaban sa machine guns ng mga Royal City.

***