53: Annihilation

The next day...

Emy's friends were able to destroyed the enemies artilleries. Although, in doing so, they needed to sacrifice some parts of the wall. But it has the consent of Emy.

Because of that, Misa was forced to retreat again.

Her next attack is still to be planned.

***

Emy, on the other hand, won't be stopping now and wait for Misa to attack.

For 13 days, she had attacked the Grey City. Actually, kung ibibilang pa yung mga atake ng small cities sa kanila, it will be more than 13 days.

That just proves her husband's skills.

She smirked by herself.

Well, since Misa had already her enjoyment, time, siya naman.

***

Liu Fu, Choi Kang, Haow, Lie Chen and Franco gathered people with them. Specifically those assassins of Sebastian's and Calix', and people of Chief Cai Wei.

During that night, they have quietly went to the forest.

They only stopped when they finally reached their target.

The Campsite of the enemy.

With the silent signal of Liu Fu, they wore their face masks and attacked the enemy.

***

Sebastian doesn't know why but ever since Emy got back, his burden was suddenly light.

Days ago, naaalala pa niya yung stress niya dahil sa kakulangan niya sa tao. Ilang beses na siyang nagpatawag ng reinforcements, but no one came.

Tapos dumagdag pa ang mga weapons ng mga taga Royal.

Although Emy left her people jobs to do to help him, it was still not enough.

But when the lady appeared, it felt like all of his problems had been solved.

Imagine, he's taking a warm bath now na hindi niya nagawa sa loob ng ilang araw.

"Hindi ko maisip kung gaano ka naistress these past few days at tumanda ka ata ng ilang taon." Emy teased her when he joined her in bed.

The lady convinced her to stop worrying about the war.

Obviously, she had a plan.

"I wasn't stressed about the war. I was stressed by my missus who was gone for a long time."

Emy rolled her eyes at him.

He smiled and hugged her. Then planted small kisses on her arms and shoulders.

"Restrain yourself, Sebastian."

"Why would I?"

"There is still an on going war."

"So?"

"Let's not waste your energy, okay? You will need them for tomorrow."

Luckily, nakinig sa kanya si Sebastian. Napahinga na lang ng malalim si Emy. She needs to keep him in check or else, he will not leave her alone.

That night, both of them slept deeply.

***

Unfortunately for Misa, that night was in contrast for her.

Grey sneaked an attack on them.

Nagising na lang siya ng biglang tinakpan ng kanang kamay niyang si Arthur ang mukha niya gamit ang isang face mask. He was also wearing one.

She tried to remove it at first. But she realized that they are surrounded now by a greenish-yellow cloud gases which obviously, caused by a chemical.

"Chlorine gas..." She said in realization.

Arthur just nodded at her.

She's not an idiot. She knew what's the effect of this gas to people. Hindi niya lang inaasahan ito ang sunod na ipanlalaban sa kanya ni Emy.

Anyway, Arthur started to pull her out of that place.

Outside their tents, her people are getting suffocation by the chemical gas.

Hindi niya napigilang ikuyom ang kamao.

This is Emy, of course.

Hindi siya makapaniwala that even with her preparations with this war, naungusan pa rin siya nito.

Kung hindi sa suffocation namatay ang kanyang mga tao, ay sa atake naman.

Obviously, the Grey sent people tonight to annihilate them.

***

Emy and Sebastian were already in the Palace as soon as they woke up.

They still need to talk about the war. Hanggang hindi pa nauubos ang kalaban o sumusuko ang mga ito, the war is still on going.

But of course, Emy is not worried. It was her command last night which made Lui Fu and the rest to attack the Campsite of the enemy.

She is certain that by now, they are either dead or too scared to face them.

At gaya nga ng inaasahan niya, the big news was delivered on that morning.

"Your highness..."

"Speak up, Vaughn."

"The enemies' campsite was attacked last night. Most of them died from chemical gas. Some had escaped but we are not sure where did they go."

Unconsciously, lahat ng naroroon ay napatingin kay Emy. Even the Emperor and Empress.

"What?" She asked innocently.

Diana rolled her eyes at her.

"Stop pretending already." She told her.

Emy looked at them again. She noticed na maging sila Vaughn ay nakatingin sa kanya.

Then he looked at Sebastian and used her pitiful look.

Napahinga ng malalim si Sebastian.

Emy is scary at times. Her knowledge and abilities are too much even for him. But he's a fool for her. What to do?

"It was I who commanded that attack."

No one believed him, of course. Pero hindi na rin nila siya pinilit para umamin. After all, it is not like Emy troubled them. In fact, she saved them.

"Oh, well. Since that is already the case, let's wait for them to surrender already." The Emperor said.

That day, nagpahanda siya ng makakain para sa lahat.

***