7: Chess Pieces 3*

"Miss, you shouldn't stay up late tonight. You have important party to attend to tomorrow." Sabi ni Grace kay Emy.

"That's right. I have already prepared your clothes, Miss. You have nothing to worry about." Sabi naman ni Anika.

Emy smiled at them. "I am not worried."

Then she continued placing her chess pieces on board.

Nagkatinginan na lang ang apat niyang maidservants. Mula pa kaninang magbalik sila sa backyard ni Emy ay naglalaro na ito ng chess mag-isa. Veronica even offered to play with her. But she just shook her head.

She told them, "I am not playing. Just memorizing."

They had no idea what she meant by that. Hindi rin naman sila nagtanong.

But they were worrying that she might stay up late tonight.

"Come on. You can leave already. Matutulog na lang ako kung inaantok na ako."

"Let me get you a tea and some cookies then. In case you feel hungry or thirsty." Sabi ni Lia tapos ay lumabas na silang apat.

Emy continued staring at her chess board. She doubted if she could really sleep tonight. She was so excited.

Ilang linggo na rin siyang nasa loob lang ng residence, practicing and telling her maidservants what to do.

This time, siya naman ang gagawa. She couldn't wait at all.

Muling kumatok si Lia dala ang tsaa at cookies saka iyon inilapag sa mesa.

Paalis na sana ito when she called her out.

"Lia, I need you to deliver a letter for me."

***

Kinabukasan...

"Miss! I knew it. You didn't sleep at all. Look at your eyes." Palatak ni Grace ng maabutan siya nitong nakaupo pa rin sa may mesa.

"I slept for a bit. Nagising nga lang ako agad."

Nagkatinginan na lang sila Grace at Anika saka napailing.

"Miss, are you excited? Is that why you are not able to sleep at all?" Unlike Grace, Anika was more gentle in talking with her.

Emy smiled at her impishly.

Hindi na rin tuloy napigilan ni Anika ang mapangiti.

Grace, on the other hand, stopped herself from saying, "Silly girl." at her Miss.

"Ah, you are still young, indeed." Sabi ni Anika. Tapos ay kinuha na niya mula sa cabinet ang inihanda niyang damit kagabi para kay Emy.

Nilinisan naman ni Grace ang mesa upang mapaglagyan ng mga pang-ayos.

"I'd like to wear something Turquoise, Anika."

Natigilan ang dalawa dahil doon.

Grace looked at the dress na hawak ni Anika. It was cream colored dress, suited Emy's skin tone very well.

"I believe I have a Turquoise dress there. I'd like to wear that one instead."

Emy sounded like her mind wouldn't change at all. Kaya naman agad na kinuha ni Anika yung dress na sinasabi ni Emy.

It was a long dress with flower embroideries on right shoulder left waist and at the bottom. It looked pretty. But for the party that Emy would be attending, it was too simple.

"But this dress is too simple, Miss."

"And it is not suited for a young miss like you." Dagdag pa ni Grace. "Mas maganda if you are going to wear dresses with light colors. It is nice for youngster like you."