24: Woo Her

Naikuyom na lang ni Emy ang kamay niya.

This Prince...

He is really the living definition of Shameless.

Ang dami daming tao sa lugar na iyon and everyone is figuring out kung sino ba itong Emerald Hans na gustong pakasalan ng bagong proklama na Crown Prince.

Hindi niya alam tuloy kung paanong kikilos. Of course, there are people who knew her. In fact, they are starting to point towards her.

Hindi na naman kailangan pang magpakahirap ng iba para malaman kung sino siya. The Emperor laughed out loud at saka siya tinawag.

"Miss Hans, everyone is curious about you. How about joining us here?" Sabay tingin ng Emperor kay Sebastian na agad namang ngumiti at nilapitan siya para sunduin.

When he reached her, he offered his hand to her.

Hindi tuloy niya maiwasang bigyan ito ng masamang titig bago inabot ang kanyang kamay.

"My, my... Don't get angry." He even reached for her cheeks with a smirk.

"If we're not here, I could have limped you already." She whispered at saka umayos ng tayo.

Sebastian just chuckled softly saka naglakad na sa tabi ni Emy. Both of them are quite a scene habang papunta sa harap ng Emperor. Then Emy gave her respect to the whole Royal Family.

Inilahad ng emperor ang kamay at saka nilagay niya doon ang palad niya.

"Miss Hans, I was devastated when my son, Vio, married out suddenly to another lady. I was really hoping you will be end up as my daughter-in-law. And I thought it would not happen.

"But maybe you are really meant to be part of our family. Hindi ko rin inaasahan ang request nitong si Sebastian. But see how lacking my son is to ask my help to woo you.

"He faced thousands of enemies and yet, he still needs his father to woo a lady."

Kunyari pa ay napapailing ang emperor.

"Well, since Sebastian humbly asks me, I won't say no to my son. I will help him with his request and personally ask you to give him a chance.

"Of course, this is a serious matter. Marriage isn't simple. And so, I will make sure to arrange a meeting with your family and see to it to meet what they need in relation to this marriage."

Emy is not dumb. She knew what the emperor meant. The meeting won't mean she can still say no. But it is only to appease her family for the sudden asking of her hand.

Napahinga siya ng malalim. Hindi na rin niya iyon naitago sa lahat.

The Empress and Serafina smiled.

"The royal family isn't bad at all, Emy. I know you are not a fool. I am not saying a royalty life will be easy but from the very first time you joined us in lunch, I could immediately tell that you won't be a stranger to us if you ever will be part of our family." It was the Empress who said that na ikinabigla ni Emy.

When she was still Samantha, she was very close to the Empress dahil na din kay Marco. But she didn't expect her to try and convince her like this.

"Her majesty is right, of course." Sabi naman ni Serafina. "Besides, hahayaan ba namin na maiba ka sa amin? You already have a spot in my heart from the few encounters we had. In fact, para na kitang anak na babae at sa totoo lang, I am just waiting for this formality to happen."

She laughed heartily. Hindi tuloy naiwasan ni Emy na mapangiti.

"And darling, you are not a stranger to my son anymore. You know his character already. He won't just simply chose you just because of superficial reasons. He has deeper reasons and because of it, I am sure he will do his best to be a good partner for you."

Somehow, Emy understood something from Serafina's words. She looked at her to confirm her thoughts and the madam just nodded at her. Tinapunan din niya ng tingin si Sebastian, but he is just wearing an expression the same as his mother.

As Emy realized the real intention of Sebastian, her mind was somehow at ease. But the hundred million question is, kaya ba niyang magpakasal sa binata, knowing that his only reason is because he needs her brain and hands to achieve his personal goals as soon as possible?

***

Lingid sa kaalaman ng lahat, may ilang hindi tagaGrey City ang nakaattend din sa party ng prinsipe.

Nagulat din sila sa anunsyo ng Emperor. Pero nagulat sila sa gustong pakasalan ng Crown Prince.

"Emy..." The lady laughed wickedly. "You are probably thinking that you are lucky now. But this won't last long. I'll take everything you ever have. Just wait and see."

Then they left the royal palace. They still need to report to their master.

***