39: Appearance

"Misa, you finally attend the school again."

Her classmates told her as soon as she entered the room. She's been absent for almost two weeks pero hanggang ngayon, she could still feel the anxiety.

"Yes. I have to heal the wounds on my face." Sabi niya na lang.

They were shock. Hindi nila alam na nasugatan siya noong Hunting Competition. Kaya agad siyang napatingin sa bandang likuran.

The couple was already there. But her eyes focused with Emy. A shiver run on her body as she stared on the latter's chilly eyes. She was smiling at her but it didn't reach her eyes. Instead, she could feel a murderous intent by her gaze.

Well, she just shifted her eyes. Emy won't attempt to kill her now. Not in front of these people. She could tell that by the fact na nagawa nitong itago sa lahat na siya ang pumana sa magkabilang pisngi niya. Hindi rin niya alam kung paanong naitago ng dalaga ang ginawa. She might have taken advantage of the panic of the people during that time. But Misa felt so terrible na wala man lang nakaalam na sinaktan siya ng dalaga.

Naikuyom niya ang mga kamay niya dahil doon. She will surely get back at her.

"Anyway, the Black Council was ruthless. How can they attack Miss Hans during the Hunting Competition? They were obviously targeting her."

"Kaya nga. Buti na lang hindi ka nadamay, Misa. Miss Hans is obviously better than you in fighting. Kung tinarget ka din ng mga miyembro ng Black Council, baka di ka nakaligtas sa kanila."

Napayuko na lang si Misa. Those people around her thought she was feeling scared. But Emy saw her body stiffened for a moment. The comments made her angry.

Emy smirked.

"How can Misa not survive that? When the Black Council was not yet attacking, she was points ahead of me. She will surely know how to defend herself since her hunting skill is that good."

Hindi niya sinabi yun para purihin ang dalaga. She said that to raise suspicions.

Agad namang naalala ng iba ang nangyari noon. Misa was indeed points ahead than Emy. They had huge difference at hindi na nakahabol si Emy dahil na rin sa biglaang pagdating ng mga Black Council.

They started recalling what had happened after that. And then questioned Misa kung saan siya nagpunta ng dumating ang mga Black Council. And how come she was unharmed?

Emy didn't have to say anything else. Soon, Misa felt doubt around her.

If they have not associated her with the Black Council yet, then they have probably thought she is terrible for not lending a hand to Emy gayong dadalawa lang silang nasa loob ng Arena noon.

That satisfied Emy for the mean time. She had another plans for Misa. Hindi niya kailangang magmadali.

Bigla namang napadako ang nga mata niya kay Sebastian. He was obviously watching her.

"Why?"

He smiled saka umiling.

"Just tell me if you need my help."

Emy returned a smile.

"Okay. Though, I am quite certain I can handle this by myself."

Sebastian just chuckled softly at saka pinatong ang ulo sa balikat niya.

***

After class ay sinalubong nila Alessandra at Lucy si Emy.

They didn't bother to be discreet. Kahit alam nilang nandoon na si Misa at makikita sila nito, they just met Emy.

"So the scaredy cat finally had her backbone back." Alessandra said as Misa passed by them.

When Misa looked at them, sinaluduhan lang siya ng dalawa. Si Emy naman ay tiningnan lang siya.

"Suffocate her more. Be merciless if you have to."

"You don't have to remind us. Kahit hindi kami gumawa ni Lucy, Diana is getting carried away already. She's obviously drilling Misa for targeting Prince Vio."

"That's good. But the two of you have to do more. The more she feels unsafe, the earlier she will do something out of bound."

Nagkatinginan na lang sila Alessandra at Lucy. Sa mga ganitong bagay talaga nagkakasundo sila Diana at Emy.

Oh well, kasalanan din naman ni Misa for getting on their bad side.

And it is not like the two of them will also hold back.

As Emy had promised, it will just be more than eye for an eye.

***