59: Behind the Mask

Nagmmeeting sila sa loob ng throne room ng biglang pumasok mula doon si Vaughn na humahangos pa.

"Vaughn, did you forget your manners?" Saway ni Sebastian sa kanya.

"I am sorry, your highness. I have an urgent news."

"What is it?" The Emperor asked.

"The Royal City is seeking your audience."

"Hmmn... Are they surrendering now?"

Emy crinkled her forehead. Xeno is seeking their audience?

Napailing siya. She knows the temperament of her old master. The least he will do is to give up.

"Bring them outside. Doon namin sila immeet." The Emperor said.

Then they all went out of the Throne Room. People brought chairs for them.

The Emperor and Empress in the middle. Second and Third family on their left at sila naman ang sa kanan.

"Emy, maybe you should go back first?" Alala ng Emperor sa kanya. He knew that Xeno was her old Master. But he never doubted her as he knew how much she did just to defend the Grey City.

"I am okay, your highness. Please don't mind me."

Napatango na lang ang Emperor. Si Sebastian naman ay pinag-entwined ang mga daliri nila. Napangiti na lang si Serafina when she saw that.

"Your highness, the royal city is here."

There are only three people who came. Arthur, Misa and a masked man.

It was Xeno, of course.

They stopped in the middle and faced them.

Emy, however, felt her old master's eyes on her. Sebastian's grip tightened on her.

"What does the Royal City wants from us? Are you going to surrender now?" The Emperor asked.

Pero hindi man lang siya tinapunan ng tingin ni Xeno. He only had his eyes on one person in that place.

"Ah, Emy... It's been a while. You are looking so well. You are more beautiful now than before." Hindi niya alam kung totoo ba ang papuri nito sa kanya. But Emy just gave him a cold stare.

Xeno's lips hooked up. "Who would have thought that small child I took care noon ay magiging ganyan na? And what more, you fight me head-on in this battle giving me enough bruises and injuries that I have never experienced before.

"Truly... I think this is what they call nurturing a snake."

Sebastian was ready to defend her. But she just stopped him. She pulled him back and then gave a chilly smile to Xeno.

"Master, it was not I who turned my back first. Have you forgotten? You have chosen your daughter... yes, your inferior daughter, than me. You left me wounded and then just let your daughter trampled me. She even killed my father and attempted to murder me.

"Do you think I will just let it go easily?

"When clearly, it was you who taught me to give more than whatever I have received?"

Shock was evident on everyone's face dahil sa sinabi ni Emy. They have no idea of what had occured in Royal City at sa kanya. But they can't imagine it to be this extreme.

Did she say Misa kill her father and almost murder her?

Xeno laughed.

"Indeed. You learned well. But how disappointed am I when you used your knowledge against me?"

"I am just merely defending those important to me, Xeno. I won't let you take them from ne again. Tama ng si Papa lang ang kinuha mo sa akin."

"You acted as if you really cared about your father. You didn't even give him a chance after your mother died."

"Of course, I do. I might not have shown it to him. But I cared for him. He is my father. I am nothing like you, Xeno." Emy looked at him full of spite.

"Yes, you are indeed nothing like me."

"That's enough. You talk to me. I am the Emperor of this City. Don't stress my daughter-in-law so much, or I won't be able to stop my son from killing you."

Xeno laughed again.

"Hiro, you are still pretentious as ever."

"Lapastangan!" Napatayo pa ang emperor dahil sa galit.

Vaughn and other guards there pulled out their swords and pointed it at Xeno.

Misa got scared. There are just three of them there. And Arthur will surely have no match against this lot.

"Father..." Sasabihan na sana niya ito upang umalis na sila doon pero nanlaki ang mata niya when he started to remove his mask.

Ngayon lang tinanggal ni Xeno ang maskara niya sa harapan ng kalaban niya.

The moment Xeno's mask dropped on the ground, Emy heard Serafina gasped. Napatayo pa ang ginang. Ang Emperor naman ay pinanlambutan ng tuhod at napaupong muli.

"S-sebastian..." The Emperor and Serafina muttered at the same time.

Naramdaman naman ni Emy ang biglaang paghigpit ng kamay ni Sebastian sa kamay niya. It was almost hurting.

Xeno laughed.

"Yes, Hiro and Serafina. It is me."

Then he smirked at them.

"So do you really think Sebastian can kill me?"

Then his eyes looked at the two of them. Lalong humigpit ang kamay ni Sebastian.

"No matter how much he loves Emy, I don't think he will be able to kill me. Right, son?"

***