68: Changes

Matapos noon, hindi na gaanong nagpupunta si Emy sa Throne Palace.

She spent her time with Diana. She was recuperating. Wala na rin naman siyang magagawa eh.

In few days, ikakasal na si Vio at ang tatlo niyang babae.

If anything, it made Diana mad. It was indeed a shame for her. People are surely talking behind her.

Anyway, ikinuwento ni Emy sa tatlo ang nangyari sa kanya with the Emperor, Serafina and Xeno. As usual, they got angry for her behalf too.

"Are you going to tell it to Sebastian?" Tanong ni Diana.

Umiling si Emy.

"I will handle this my own."

"I am scared for you, Emy. Surely, hindi basta basta ang dalawang yun. They will do their best to make you surrender." Lucy said.

"Indeed. I have a feeling na hindi lang ito ang plano nilang gawin." -Alessandra.

"I am sure of it. I know them more than anyone else. But don't worry about me. I am not simply just sitting here to wait. I am also just bidding my time for my preparations to be done."

Napahinga ng malalim ang tatlo. Of course, it is Emy. But they can't still remove the worry from their hearts.

***

Isang buwan na rin magmula ng matapos ang labanan sa pagitan ng Grey at Royal. The winner is unclear. But none of them think of this matter so much.

They knew that the Grey made an alliance with the Royal.

After the official announcement of the palace about it, changes in the palace started to take place.

First, the royal guards now are a combination of Grey and Royal.

Nagulat pa nga si Emy when she noticed unknown people in her residence one day. Then they told her it was because of it.

Kaduda duda naman iyon sa kanya. The first place in the palace na napalitan ng tao ay ang residence niya. Xeno told them that it was because she is pregnant. And they should pay her more protection because of it.

Gusto pa nga nitong palitan ang mga maidservants niya but she stared at Sebastian na agad namang nakuha ng lalaki ang gusto niyang mangyari.

In the end, ito ang sumupla sa desisyon ni Xeno for her.

Alam din naman nito kung gaano kahalaga para kay Emy ang mga maidservants niya.

Then hindi pa man sila nakakahinga ng maayos dahil sa pagdadagdag ng mga tagaRoyal City sa loob ng palace, ngayon naman ay nabalitaan nila na magpapakasal na din sila Tirso at Zirco.

They found wives after going to Royal City.

"Isn't this amazing? Us, brothers, all marry the daughters of Royal City." Insensitive na comment ni Tirso isang araw habang naglalunch silang lahat.

Napayuko si Diana dahil doon. But it was because anger is flaring up within her. Habang si Emy naman ay naoffend.

Zirco noticed it at agad na siniko si Tirso. They knew Emy. And they somehow can't afford to offend her.

Agad na nanahimik si Tirso.

Tumawa naman si Misa dahil doon.

"Wow, what a coincidence! Grey and Royal are indeed meant to be an allied."

"Coincidence?" Emy asked innocently. She sure sounded as curious and thinking. Hindi na niya iyon sinundan pa. But her words left something in the air around them.

The Empress and the Prime Minister were somehow pleased with her. Indeed, Emy is a great choice to be there.

Diana passed Emy a meaningful look at nagkaintindihan na agad sila dahil doon.

***

But the most unthinkable change in the whole Grey City ay ang paghati ng pera ng bayan sa pagitan ng dalawang city.

Xeno told the Emperor that the Royal City is going through economic crisis at the moment.

Agad na nagpadala ng sulat si Emy kanila Shin if it is true.

Seems like there are indeed economic problems at the moment in Royal City. But as the city is a natural rich one, hindi naman gaanong ramdam iyon ng mga tao. Only by those who has businesses like Shin.

To the rescue naman agad ang Emperor and decreed the national budget will be divided into two. One for Grey and one for Royal.

The taxes of the people were also increased. And because of it, people are suddenly too poor to even manage living.

What Emy did, was brought Sebastian in the market one day. She wanted him to see these people. He told her na gusto niyang maging Emperor because he wanted to protect his people. And these are his people right now.

But Sebastian that day showed no sign na nakukuha niya ang gustong ipahiwatig niya. Instead, he looks like he's in deep thoughts. Not even her presence can make him forget whatever he is thinking.

Napahinga na lang si Emy.

And then a guard from Royal City approached them.

"Your highness, your ladyship..." They greeted them but Emy just gave him a cold stare.

Napalunok ito but Sebastian urged him to speak.

"Great Master Xeno is back. The Emperor wants you to be in the palace now."

"Okay."

Agad na nag-utos ang lalaki upang bumalik sila but Emy stopped him.

"You go first."

Sebastian looked at her. "Emy, I am sorry for being occupied."

"Don't worry about it. May pupuntahan pa ako kaya mauna ka na."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

"Sinong kasama mo?"

"I will take all the Grey City's guard. They are enough for me to get protected. Take the Royal City guards back with you."

Emy is certain na hindi naman gagalawin ng nga ito si Sebastian. Not yet at the moment.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes." She forced a smile and hoped it wasn't look fake. At saka pa niya itinulak ng bahagya si Sebastian.

Huminga naman ng malalim ito saka siya niyakap. Then he kissed her forehead.

"Babawi ako, promise."

Ngumiti lang si Emy.

Then he left already. The moment na wala na ito, nawala na rin ang ngiti ni Emy.

This time, she can't just afford to watch.

"Let's go to Purple Boutique."

***