65: Favor

Ilang araw matapos na makaalis nila Feng at Francis ay nakatanggap ng sulat si Emy na nagsasabing nakarating na ang mga ito ng maayos sa Ming Province.

She was relieved, of course.

Pero hindi rin nagtagal ang pakiramdam na iyon.

She was summoned one day, by the Emperor. Nataon pa non na wala si Sebastian. He was out of the city to do some things na inutos sa kanya ng Emperor.

Mag-iilang araw na rin itong wala at tanging si Serafina lamang ang kasama niya sa residence niya.

Anyway, kinukutuban man siya sa pagpapatawag na iyon sa kanya ng Emperor, pinuntahan pa rin niya ito.

When she arrived the throne room, ang tanging naroroon lang ay ang Emperor, Empress at ang Prime Minister.

She looked around. She was expecting to see Xeno there or Misa. Pero wala sila doon.

"Sebastian and Misa went back to Royal City for a short time." Sabi ng Emperor sa kanya.

Emy sighed at saka nagpatuloy sa paglapit sa Emperor. She was about to sit sa usual na inuupuan niya kapag may meeting pero pinalapit siya nito sa kanya.

Agad naman siyang lumapit.

When Emy caught the look from both the Empress and Prime Minister, mas lalo siyang kinutuban.

"Emy, how are you doing lately?"

"I am... just okay, your highness."

"Okay but not well." Then he sighed. "I am sorry for taking most of Sebastian's time lately. Alam kong kailangan mo siya dahil sa kalagayan mo. But as he is the Crown Prince, there are things that he needs to be done by himself."

"Don't worry about it, Your highness. I am well aware of his responsibilities as the Crown Prince. And rest assured that as long as it is for the embetterment of our people, handa akong suportahan siya.

"About my condition, please don't mind me so much. Mama is spending much time with me lately at hindi naman siya ako pinababayaan."

The Emperor smiled.

"Serafina is lucky. You have accepted her fully, even calling her Mama. I wonder when are you calling me Father. But of course, Sebastian is the most rightful for that."

"Your highness, if you want me to call you Father, I'll be glad to do so. But just so you know, pumuti man ang uwak, I will never call and treat Xeno as father figure."

Namayani ang katahimikan matapos iyon.

The Empress and the Prime Minister were just intending to listen and to watch. The Emperor was thinking. Habang siya naman ay naghihintay sa sasabihin ng Emperor.

After a while ay nagsalita na ito ulit.

"Emy, it is not good for a pregnant woman like you to harbor anger this much. They said the baby might take that anger as it develops within one's womb."

Emy didn't speak.

The Emperor sighed.

"Can't you do this as a favor for me, Emy? All I want is to be everyone be at peace. Since hindi na naman natin kaaway sila Sebastian, why don't we just let go of our grudges? Besides, siya ang tunay na ama ng asawa mo.

"Won't it be awkward if you two will be at cold war? Just how hard will it be for Sebastian na napapagitnaan niyong dalawa?"

Matagal na walang nagsalita sa kanila. The Emperor was waiting for Emy to speak.

"Did Xeno ask you to do this, your highness?" She asked after a moment.

"He did. But it is also my intention to ask you, Emy."

Emy sighed.

"Your highness. If forgiving Xeno and Misa is what you are asking from me, then I am sorry. The scars I received from them are too deep. I can't easily do forgive and forget.

"But as my respect to you, my father-in-law, the best I can give to them is my being civil.

"I will try my best not to run my mouth again like the last time. Aminado din naman po ako na nakalimot ako na kayo ang kaharap ko noon. I was taken over by my anger.

"I can promise you na hindi na po mauulit iyon. But that's everything I can do and give, your highness."

The emperor sighed.

"I am still not giving up, Emy. Please think this matter thoroughly."

***

When Emy told it to Diana, Lucy and Alessandra, natahimik din sila. They admired Emy's courage. Not everyone can answer like that to the Emperor.

Malaki ngang masyado ang contribution ni Emy sa war sa pagitan ng Grey at Royal kaya naman hindi rin basta basta iyon makakalimutan ng Emperor at ng mga tao.

But still, Emy is obviously in a very difficult situation. How can you continuously reject the Emperor? He is still the most powerful person in the city.

Wala silang masabi sa kaibigan. Pero mukhang malalim na din naman ang iniisip nito eh.

***

That night, Sebastian arrived home. He was obviously tired.

Kaya instead na sabihin ni Emy dito ang nangyari ay pinagpahinga na lamang niya ito.

Sebastian slept soundly while hugging her tightly.

***