74: Their Plan

When Sebastian arrived in the Throne Room, napahinga na lang siya ng malalim. Bakit biglang bumalik itong sila Xeno?

They are still supposed to have a week or so.

They should not have rushed back. He was still supposed to enjoy the day with Emy.

Napailing na lang siya as he remembered her disappointed face na mabilis nitong itinago sa pagngiti niya.

Maybe Franco is right to get angry at him.

Anyway, Xeno seemed to have another problem now.

Oh well, Sebastian is kinda used to him by now. Kung hindi problema ang dala nito ay dagdag trabaho naman para sa kanya.

***

Emy rushed to Diana's house as soon as she arrived in the Royal Palace.

Habang papunta siya ay nakasalubong niya ang tatlong asawa ni Vio. They greeted her. But their chuckles behind her were caught by her ears.

Nangunot ang noo niya. But as she has more pressing issue to confront at the moment, she continued walking hanggang sa makarating siya kanila Diana.

***

"So, Franco is voicing out protest in the campus, creating trouble for himself by speaking truthfully and yet, wala man lang kayong sinasabi sa akin?"

Emy confronted Lucy and Alessandra. Kakasabi lang nila sa kanya ng mga pinaggagagawa ni Franco sa Grey Academy.

"We overlooked it. We've been busy lately." Alessandra said.

"This is important. Kung hindi sa inyo, then para sa akin. I would have expected the two of you to at least mention it. Lalo ka na, Lucy."

The two ladies awkwardly looked at each other.

"Come on, nangyari na so just get over it. What important now is your action about it. Surely, your cousin deserve a seat in the council with his thoughts and all." Diana said.

Emy glared at her.

"He is too pure to be in the council. Look how straightforward his action is."

"If you don't contain your cousin, he will cause trouble for himself and for you."

Napahinga ng malalim si Emy. What to do?

Nasa ganoon siyang pag-iisip when a rushing maid appeared before them. Hinihingal pa ito.

"Do you have news?" Diana asked the maid.

She nodded. Inabutan naman ni Lucy ng maiinom ang katulong bago ito pinagsalita.

"I... I have news from the Throne Palace po."

Nagkatinginan silang apat. They are used of bad news by now.

"Speak." Diana said.

Nag-alangan ang katulong and her eyes landed on Emy.

"Is it about me?"

Umiling ang katulong. "But it is about your husband, your highness..."

***

Earlier in Throne Room...

"Good. You are finally here, Sebastian." Xeno said.

"What is it? Do you have another job for me to work with?" He asked lazily.

But Xeno just suddenly had a grim expression.

"Sit first and let's discuss about it."

Agad namang naupo si Sebastian. Nangunot ang noo niya when saw Misa there.

Xeno cleared his throat before starting.

"So supposedly, mag-stay pa kami ng ilang linggo sa Royal City. But we rushed back as soon as we received the news.

"You see, I had fixed my will and testament last time I went home. That's after knowing Sebastian is my son. Surely, I have to divide my inheritance between Misa and him since they are my children.

"But eto lang pag-uwi ko, I found out that Misa wasn't able to be considered as my heiress as she has different surname.

"Akala ko ay naayos na iyon noon when I adopted her, pero hindi pa pala.

"And so she still has her old surname in the register. And because of it, by law, I cannot name the inheritance that is supposed to go to her.

"She needs her surname to change into Grey before it happens."

"Oh, it is indeed a problem." Sabi ng Emperor.

"It is. But what does it have to do with me?" Tanong ni Sebastian.

Xeno smiled. "You are the only registered son of mine. You are legally named as Sebastian Grey after me."

Doon nagsink in kay Sebastian ang nangyari.

"I know, I know. This might cause you trouble with your wife. But surely, maiintidihan naman siguro ni Emy. Besides, all I am gonna ask is marriage by paper and nothing more.

"Misa just needs your surname for her inheritance."

***

Natahimik ang apat na babae as they have received the news.

Diana, Lucy and Alessandra looked at Emy.

She was surprised. Very surprised, in fact. To the point na napaupo pa ito.

"This is..." Lucy started.

"Unacceptable." Alessandra continued while gritting her teeth.

"How can that Xeno be this thick faced? Marriage by papers? That's bullshit!" Lucy ranted.

"But surely, hindi naman basta basta tatanggapin ni Sebastian yun. We all know how he is crazy in love with Emy." Alessandra tried to lighten the situation. Lalo pa at napuna niyang in dazed pa rin si Emy.

"But the Crown Prince didn't have a choice. The Emperor was the one who agreed on his behalf." The maid said.

"Okay. That's enough. You can go now." Diana dismissed the maid. Then they all looked at Emy.

"Emy..." Lucy called her with sadness.

"Emy, you should not accept this." Diana said firmly.

Alessandra nodded in agreement.

"Matatanggap ko pa na ako ang ginanito nila. But not you! You have contributed so much in this palace. You sacrificed and gave so much tapos walang ano ano, ipapakasal nila si Sebastian kay Misa? That is not fair!"

Emy breathed deeply.

Her heart is aching. This news definitely caught her off-guard.

She stood up.

"I... I will just go home now."

"Emy..." The three called her in panic. Pero she started going home.

Kaya pala...

Those ladies were sniggering behind her because of this. They probably knew this would happen eventually.

Misa...

That insufferable bitch...

She surely messed her up now by doing this.

***