38: Leadership

"The reason why Angeline Spence and Sebastian Grey established the Black Council was to prevent the Supreme from getting too cocky and power-hungry as they were before.

"We are not entirely just doing some mischiefs and spread scares in the campus for nothing. We are doing things for that purpose.

"But as time goes by and leaders changed every now and then, the council also started to evolve. From time to time, leaders who wanted to use the Black Council for their personal gains appeared. But we always found a way to bring them down.

"It was easy back then kasi buhay pa si Angeline. But now, we have to use different means.

"It was hard to bring Diana down during her regime. But who would expect another one will appear now?"

Napapailing pa na sabi ni Lucy.

Totoo naman lahat ang sinabi niya eh. In fact, hindi naman talaga siya dapat maglileader dati. But as she had been a long member in the council at dahil na rin sa hiling ni Angeline before she died, she took the seat and did her best as she could.

Unfortunately, simula ng irecruit niya sila Samantha at Diana, the council started to become out of hand. The rest of leaderships after her started to become schemers and ruthless.

Napahinga na lang siya ng malalim. It was indeed an epic fail for her part. Luckily, Emy came.

For a long time, walang nagsalita sa kanila. The members just looked at the four of them. They are all intimidating for normal members like them. As if being the council leader really gives you a dignity of a royalty.

Obviously, the four of them have different personalities and temperament. But how scary will it be if they start to clash?

"Well, it is evident that we can't have multiple leaders in Black Council. One of you has to step down. Obvious naman siguro kung sino ang dapat gumawa nun?" Diana was the one who broke the silence. Her eyebrow is arching while looking at Misa.

The latter, of course, gritted her teeth.

She worked hard to get where she was tapos papaalisin lang siya ng mga ito ng ganun ganun lang.

"Not unless you want to face us at once." Alessandra even crossed her arms.

"Why do I need to face the three of you at once? How cowardly it is on your part?"

"Unfortunately, you have no relevant position to make conditions here. You are a fake leader using the Black Council name to recruit members and do your bad deeds.

"We are just being responsible true members of the council to stop your delusions." -Lucy.

"Hmmn... But come to think of it, unfair nga naman sa kanya yun." Diana said with a smirk. Agad na napatingin sa kanya sila Lucy at Alessandra. They are only supposed to put Misa in difficult situation. And they are already in there.

What else does she plan to do?

"Oh, come on. Don't glare at me. Ayoko lang na masabihan tayo ng unfair."

The smile in Diana's face didn't look good news for Misa.

"So I wanna suggest something.

"If Misa wants a one on one fight, why don't we give it to her? Let's have her face Emy in a face to face combat. If she wins, then she gets the leadership."

Mas lalong lumapad ang smirk ni Diana when Misa's expression darkened.

Diana is not stupid. The stunt Emy pulled during the Hunting Competition would surely scared Misa. That's the reason why she was not appearing before her for almost a week now.

Kahit naman siya ay matatakot sa dalaga. Imagine placing everything you have in one move thinking you have your enemy cornered, but in the end, she was still able to  defeat you by just using her raw skills. That says a lot already between your skills.

Diana secretly sighed. Unfortunately, she felt the same thing first hand when she thought she had Emy cornered but ended up annihilated at once.

"How can we consider the three of you as our leaders? You are supporting the enemy."

Diana laughed. "Enemy? It was only you who has grudge over Emy."

Misa balled her fist. This is getting nowhere. What are her choices? Can she really face Emy? No. That's impossible. But if she stepped down now, how else can she use the council against Emy?

Then a thought occured to her. She might really have to step down. But it doesn't mean she have to give up her influence over the current members of the Black Council. Afterall, she is the one who recruited them

Lihim namang namangha yung tatlo as they watched Misa's expression. They have more or less have an idea of her thoughts. Emy told them. Pero hindi nila inaasahan that the latter will really have a deep understanding of Misa's character.

At gaya ng inaasahan nila, Misa finally made her decision.

"Fine. I will give way to Miss Ross. But please have everyone of us as official members of the council."

Alessandra smirked. "Sure. But what to do? The record book has been destroyed before. Membership can't be processed anymore."

***