63: In-laws

The next day, alanganin siyang niyaya ni Sebastian para sumama sa kanya sa Throne Room.

Hindi na kailangan pang sabihin ni Sebastian sa kanya kung bakit.

She knows it.

There will a party to be held para sa "victory" ng dalawang city. Victory in partnership. That's the term used by Xeno.

And she was specifically requested to be there ng dati niyang Master. He said he had to meet her as his daughter-in-law. After all, past is past and no matter how much they did to each other, iba na ang sitwasyon ngayon and they had to accept that they are family now.

Emy could have bleed kung siya mismo ang nakarinig noon mula sa bibig ni Xeno. Luckily, she didn't.

Unfortunately, she had to see him today.

Habang nag-aayos siya ay naramdaman niya ang nag-aalalang tingin sa kanya ni Sebastian. He told her nothing. Emy could guess na ayaw nitong mag-alala siya. So she's trying to be an open minded about it.

Anika finished prepping her and then she stood up.

Sebastian sighed and hugged her. Then she felt his lips on her temple.

"You look beautiful as ever."

Emy rolled her eyes.

"We should go now."

He sighed again but took her hand and entwined it. Then both of them walked towards the Throne Room.

***

The Throne Room was in a festive mood.

Halos lahat doon ay nagpunta para magsaya. But not all of them are oblivious of the reality.

Those who knows couldn't stop their hearts from getting troubled. After all, this party is not only exclusive to Grey City. Royal people are also there. The people who killed and injured their kinsmen a few days ago.

Agad na nilapitan nila Diana, Lucy at Alessandra si Emy. Tinawag kasi ng Emperor si Sebastian kaya kinailangan siya nitong iwan.

"How are you feeling?" Tanong ni Lucy sa kanya.

"I am okay."

"Nasabi na sa amin ni Diana." Bulong ni Alessandra sa kanya.

Emy sighed. In truth, she is really anxious.

And she knows exactly why.

"Emy..." It was Misa. She has a smirk on her face habang papalapit sa kanya.

Agad namang naging alerto ang tatlo but they met Emy's eyes. They eased up a bit pero alert pa din.

"I see you are still with your friends. How charming."

Then her eyes went one by one from Diana to Lucy to Alessandra.

"I remember these three has still debt to me. I wonder if I should collect now."

"I remember you still have debts to me. How about I do the collecting first?" Emy said.

Misa looked at her with spite pero mabilis din iyong nawala. Then she laughed out loud.

"Come on, Emy. Ease up. Things are different now. We're not enemies anymore. In fact, we're sisters-in-law now. Isn't that awesome?"

Bitch!

The three thought at the same time.

However, Emy just looked at her and then turned around.

"I am hungry, ladies. Let's go and grab something to eat." Then she started walking away.

The three followed her immediately but they sneered first at Misa before walking away.

Of course, napahiya si Misa. She clenched her fist and eyed Emy with pure hatred.

Sebastian saw it. Lalapitan na sana niya ang asawa but someone else got there first.

"Now, now, Emy... Don't be like that to Misa."

It was Xeno.

Emy stopped at once. The coldness in her eyes brought shivers to Lucy and Alessandra. But Xeno just smiled at her.

"Let bygones be bygones, Emy. The moment I found that you are Sebastian's wife, I know he had chosen wisely.

"Of course, I was still troubled then because we had issues with each other. But not anymore. The Emperor and I had already made up. So we should made up too, my daughter-in-law."

Xeno was about to reach her hand pero agad na humakbang paatras si Emy.

"Have, Xeno. We have issues."

"As I said, we have to let go of them already. It's all in the past."

"Your issues with Emperor, maybe. But not our issues. They are two different matters. Don't mistake them."

Emy then looked at the Emperor. "Your highness, I hope you understand. I have lost my father in their hands. I can't just simply forget it."

Hindi agad nakasagot ang Emperor.

"Now, if you'll excuse me. I feel suffocated in here. Babalik na po ako sa residence namin."

***

Emy doesn't know what to feel.

Honestly, she wants to be there and sees everything.

Pero Xeno is testing her patience at its limit. Hindi niya alam kung anong gustong palabasin ng matanda pero masyado naman atang makapal ang mukha niya upang tawagin siyang daughter-in-law.

After what they have done to her...

She was busy taking off her make up when someone hugged her from behind.

Nagulat pa siya when she saw Sebastian.

"Why are you back?"

"What's the point of staying there? Wala ka na dun eh."

Napahinga ng malalim si Emy. Then looked at Sebastian.

"Don't worry about it. Father won't take it against you. You are right, his and your matters are two different thing."

"Won't you get in trouble?"

He shook his head. Then kissed her forehead.

"Make me sleep, love. I want to have some rest."

***