70: Tribunal

Emy found herself one day facing a full court.

She was also surprised.

Ipinatawag na lang siya isang umaga ng Emperor at pinapunta sa Throne Palace. She doesn't know kung nagkataon lang but it was exactly after Sebastian left the house.

"Your highness..." She greeted as soon as she reached the middle of the room.

While she was walking, pinasadahan niya ng tingin ang mga nasa paligid niya.

All the Ministers were there and also some of the officials. The Second and Third family were also there.

As for the one at the front, she saw the Empress and Prime Minister beside the Emperor. But there was an additional person there.

Xeno.

And she could feel nothing but suspicion.

"Emy..." The Emperor called her out seriously.

She remained her head bowed. Mainly because she wanted to hide her expression on her face.

"We heard what you have doing lately."

She stood straight and then raised her head. But her eyes landed on the Empress. She gave her a barely visible smile. Then she looked at the Emperor.

"Your highness, please forgive me for doing what I have done. But I can't just simply sit and relax habang nakikita ang mga tao sa Grey City na halos sa kalsada na tumira at walang makain."

The impact of what she had said made the people around her quiet.

In truth, hindi rin naman nila inaasahan na magffull court sila ngayon para harapin ito. They had seen nothing wrong about what she did. But this felt as if they are putting her in a hearing.

"Your highness, I told you how this full court is not a good idea. Look how stiff Emy got towards us." The Empress said lightly.

Once again, napatingin si Emy sa kanya. She just gave her a nod and a gentle smile.

Napahinga naman ng malalim ang Emperor. Emy caught his slight look on Xeno. But it was just very slight and quick na walang gaanong makakapuna non.

"Emy, we are not here today to castigate you. In fact, we are grateful for what you have done for the Grey people.

"This current crisis we're facing is inevitable. As brother cities, one has to help the other and can't just neglect.

"I know my sudden declaration has been hard to our people. But what you have done lately is doing us a favor."

"There's no need to thank me and be grateful for. I just did what I can on behalf of Sebastian. He was too busy lately and couldn't face this matter anymore as much as he can. But since I have time and means, then I was just merely lending him a hand."

People around her sighed.

She's admirable and a very resposible wife. The Crown Prince was very lucky to have her.

They heard a clap. Who else could it be? All of them landed their eyes on Xeno who was clapping.

"Truly valiant, Emy. This is beyond our imagination. Of course, the Emperor has forseen the implication of his decree to the Grey People and Royal City is indeed thankful for the kindness of Grey City to extend their hands on us.

"However, what you've done is really out of our thinking. You did a good job."

Xeno praised her. What an actor!

Emy had her hands behind her kaya naman walang makakapuna ng mahigpit na pagkakuyom ng kanyang mga kamay. She had her head bowed too. True! She can make her face impassive. But her eyes always are deviant. She can't easily hide what she felt on her eyes.