Epilogue 3

Hans Province...

Symeon heard the news. His grandmother will go in Grey City to look for a suitable wife for him.

He doesn't like the idea, yes. But going to Grey City? He should be there.

Kaya naman dali dali siyang nagpunta sa Main House upang puntahan ang matanda. He might not be ready to marry yet but if it will bring him to that woman, then what would he give to do so.

Pagdating niya ng Main House, hindi niya inaasahan na pipigilan siya ng mga guwardiyang nagbabantay doon.

Nangunot ang noo niya while looking at them.

"Bawal? Since when did I can't visit my grandmother freely?"

"Pasensya na po. Inutusan lang po kami eh. She's currently have an important visitor at ipinag-utos niya na walang iistorbo sa kanila, whatever may happens."

"An important visitor? This is absurd. Grandma never kept me from seeing her before. Make way. I will see her now."

"Young Master..."

Pero hindi na nakaangal ang mga guwardiya. Symeon has his ways in dodging them. Like brandishing his swords at them or just be really quick.

Even his masters are impressed with him lately. They said either he took after his father or his mother. He shook his head at the thought.

His mother...

He heard a lot of things about her.

No one had badmouthed her magmula pa noon hanggang ngayon.

But how come no one is not unimpressed at her for being a neglecting mother for him?

In fact, not even him.

He sighed and just continued walking upto his grandmother's great hall kung saan nito tinatanggap lahat ng mga bisita niya.

The maids and guards outside were surprised at him but it is already too late for them to stop him. He finally opened the door of the Great Hall.

***

"I told you! No one to disrupt us!" The old Empress shouted as soon as the door opened.

But her grandson, Symeon, appeared there and gave her a shippish smile.

"Chill, grandma. It was me. I dodged them. Since when did you stop me from going here?"

The old Empress rolled her eyes and sighed. Then concernly look at the her visitor. The person is already had the hood covered its face and stood up.

"Milady, it's time for me to go."

Symeon was frozen on his tracks.

He didn't see who is that person beyond that hood. But that voice...

How come he wanted to cry now after hearing it?

The hooded person walked passed him. But he suddenly felt panic in his heart.

He had a feeling that he should not be letting this person go. He should stop that person.

Symeon turned around and said whatever he wanted.

"Mama..."

The hooded person stopped walking. But only for a moment. Once again, the person trodded the way to the door.

Symeon clenched his fist.

"Mama! Are going to be a coward again and leave?"

"Symeon..." Saway sa kanya ng old Empress.

"Hush, Grandma. Don't hide this from me anymore. She is my mother, isn't she? Otherwise, why are you so keen to meet her alone and secretly?"

The hooded person turned around to face him. Then slowly, it lifted the hood and looked at him.

Their eyes met the moment they both looked at each other. At halos napigilang huminga ni Symeon when he saw that person beyond the hood.

"Mama..."

Emy met the old Empress' eyes. She nodded at her, urging her to finally meet her son. That somehow gave her strength.

She started walking and stopped in front of Symeon Baltimore.

Her eyes scanned his face. He looked just like Sebastian. But his eyes... they are just like hers. She couldn't believe it. Twenty years and here she is looking at her young boy. Only, he is no longer a young boy. He is even taller than her. Hanggang leeg lang siya nito.

Symeon was also looking at her thoroughly. And he watched as she suddenly crossed her arms on her chest.

"Young man, you probably want to repeat your words earlier." Emy raised an eyebrow at him.

Hindi naman agad nakasagot agad si Symeon. This is still so surreal for him.

"Ahm... which one?" He asked with a hoarse voice.

"Did you just call me a coward?" She asked in a cold voice.

Symeon looked at her.

"I did..." He said gently.

Emy then, raised her hand. Napapikit si Symeon. That's right. He has no right to call her a coward.

He waited for a slap.

But it didn't come. Instead, a light touch reached his face.

Agad siyang napadilat.

"What? Do you think I am gonna slap you?" Emy asked him.

He nodded.

She rolled her eyes. "No one could outrightly call me a coward not even if they wanted to. But you...

"You have every right to do so."

Her eyes softened. Babawiin na sana nito ang kamay. But Symeon took her hand put it back on his face. Oh, how much did he long to be touched like this by his mother?

"Are you really my mother?" He asked in almost whispering manner.

"It depends if you want to consider me as one."

But Emy almost lost her balance when Symeon suddenly hugged her. She wanted to cry. In fact, she could already feel her tears forming. But she looked up and stopped it.

Then she lifted her hands and hugged Symeon.

This is her son.

Oh my, it is still not sinking to her. But really, she is holding her son right now.

"Mama... I am so happy right now. I can't believe I am hugging you at the moment."

Hindi na napigilan ni Emy. She sobbed as she listened to his words.

Agad siyang binitiwan ng binata.

"Why are you crying?"

"Because you are making me."

Symeon looked at her incredulously. He had heard a lot of stories about her. But she was always so braved and courageous in everyone's words that he almost forgot that she is human too.

He laughed.

"My, my... Don't tell me I have a crybaby for a mother?"

"How dare you tease your own mother?" Emy said while wiping her tears and snot. But she smiled at him halos mapaupo si Symeon ng wala sa oras.

No wonder hindi pa rin makamove on ngayon ang Papa niya. His mother is beautiful. Even on her age now, hindi maikakaila ang ganda nito.

"I think I should leave you both to catch up." The old Empress said with a smile. Then she stood up.

"Thank you, Your Highness."

"Oh, stop calling me that, Emy. It's been long. We had already new empire. You can no longer address me like that.

"Just call me mother. That's enough." After smiling to her gently, lumabas na din ang matanda.

Naiwan sila ng anak niya doon sa Great Hall. And no one dared disturb them.

***