71: News

"Father, what are we going to do now?"

Misa asked Xeno as soon as they are back in their own residence. She was also in the Throne Room and witnessed how Emy made the Emperor gain his strength again to act just like his old self.

And of course, she heard what Emy had done. She was also stunned.

The lady was indeed a thorn their throats. Kahit anong gawin nilang panggigipit dito, if she decided to fight back, gagawa at gagawa siya bg paraan upang mangyari yon.

That's also what is going on Xeno's head.

At first, he was still enjoying to compete with Emy. But not at this moment. Hindi naman talaga si Emy ang dahilan kung bakit niya inumpisahang ipadala si Misa sa Grey City.

He was aiming for the Royal Family.

Do you really think he will just believe the petty reason of Hiro? That he just simply defended the throne on his behalf? That's outrageous.

There's no such thing as luck for Xeno. All happens because of deeds before and after.

He is not a fool to buy the story of Hiro that easily.

After what he had been through?

No one could imagine what he had to experience upang makarating sa kung nasaan siya ngayon. And he is sure to take everything what is supposed to be for him and bring those people down who had been enjoying while he was in his misfortunes.

And he doesn't care if Emy will be one of those people. If he has to get rid of her first, then he will do so.

***

"Emy..."

Nag-unahan pa sila Alessandra at Lucy upang makapasok ng kwarto niya. Sa likuran nila ay si Diana habang dala dala si Diadem.

"Can you please not rush, kiddos?" Inis na saway sa kanila ni Diana.

Agad namang umayos yung dalawa.

"Yes, grandma." Sabi ni Alessandra.

Diana just rolled her eyes.

"Kala mo hindi ka rin excited eh no." Sabi naman ni Lucy. Then she sat down beside Emy. The other two took a chair for themselves too and sat facing Emy.

"Is it true? Abolished na yung dagdag na tax?" Lucy asked her.

"Yes."

"Oh my God! This is so perfect!" Masayang sabi ni Lucy.

"Sobrang saya? Bakit? Naghirap ka ba?" Tanong ni Alessandra.

"FYI, I was so affected kaya ng dahil sa batas na yun. Sa sobrang taas ng tax, iilang damit at alahas na lang ang nabibili ko no."

Alessandra rolled her eyes.

"Sabagay, may point din siya." Sang-ayon ni Diana.

"Anyway, yun lang bang ipinunta niyo dito?"

The three ladies glared at her.

"And here we are worried about you." OA na sabi ni Lucy.

"What's there to be worried about? I survived Diana what else can I be afraid of."

"Ako ay hindi natutuwa sa bibig niyang kaibigan niyo."

Alessandra and Lucy just laughed out loud.

***

That day, maagang umuwi si Sebastian.

"I heard what had happened."

"Who didn't?"

Sebastian chuckled.

But in truth, he was at awe at Emy.

When he arrived sa Throne Room, puro papuri sa asawa niya ang narinig niya. He was surprised of course.

At doon lang niya nalaman ang ginawa nito.

He walked towards her ang gave her a hug.

"Did you really do it for me?"

Emy rolled her eyes.

"Kanino pa pala?" Then she faced him. "You told me you wanted to be an Emperor. Then we should be taking advantage of these kinds of situations. People are grateful for those who were with them during their tough times. If you still want the position of your father, then be there when for your future people."

Sebastian sighed.

He knew what Emy was trying to say. And it is not like he doesn't want to be there. The things he has been doing for the Emperor, and Xeno, are too taxing and time consuming.

Kay Emy nga ay wala na siyang oras, paano pa kaya sa mga taon ng Grey?

"Oh well, you're lucky you have me. I know you're busy. Then I will just handle the matters which you can't."

A smile appeared on his face.

"Yes, yes. I am probably that lucky because of you. I heard that from the moment I arrived in the Throne Room. Kesyo daw daig ko pang nanalo sa lotto."

"And why is that?" Emy raised an eyebrow but a playful smile is on her lips.

"They said I am fortunate, my wife has five bank accounts."

Sebastian said then laughed.

Emy rolled her eyes.

"I've done a lot pero yun lang ang natandaan nila. I should have known."

"But is it true?"

"Yes. But that was before I had taken care of the other's taxes. Only three of them now are left."

Sebastian still has his smile. But his mind focused on the sacrifices Emy is willing to take and make. Alam niya. It wasn't just for him.

She has a lot of people important for her and he knew for them, she is willing to do things. He has long figured how selfless she is. But there are times, na nababahala siya para dito.

But then again, if he could stop her from doing things she wanted then he should not have ended up marrying her.

***