40: Burned

Misa felt claustrophobic.

Kahit saan siya magpunta, hindi siya tinatantanan ni Emy.

She swore to get back to the lady. But how can she do that if everywhere she goes, mapasa school man, bahay o Black Council head quarters ay ginigipit siya nito.

Sa school, her classmates are starting to give her cold treatment. They are suspicious of her dahil sa nangyari sa Hunting Competition. She had never experienced that kind of treatment before.

Sa headquarters, she totally lost her voice of command sa mga miyembro na nirecruit niya. And worse, hindi sila maaaring maging official members dahil wala ang record book. Hindi niya alam kung totoo ba na nasira ito but she could feel something from the three.

Bukod pa doon, hindi rin sila makaalis sa council. They are not official members and yet, it felt like their lives had already been attached to the council. There were few who decided to leave the council after they found out na hindi naman sila magiging official members, the next morning, they are found dead.

Sigurado siyang si Diana ang may kagagawan nun as the Mistress kept on sprouting threats magmula noon.

Sa bahay naman ay hindi siya mapakali. Images of Albert and her other people who died from Hunting Competition still haunts her. Minsan nga ay parang nakikita pa niya ang mga ito.

Because of that, she started to become restless. She doubted if she could still stay in the Grey City. She had never been in this position before. Sa Royal City, her command is always second to her father. Everyone respects her and no one dares to clash with her.

But here in Grey, she realized that this is really not her territory. That someone is acting as a guardian of this place and she can't just easily do her plans easily.

And that realization made her mad to the highest point.

All of this is happening to her because of Emy. Alam niya, the lady will do everything to make her give up. But unfortunately, her will to prove herself to her father is more dominant than her fright. Kaya gustuhin man niyang bumalik na sa Royal, she can't just leave here without scathing Emy.

Luckily, she has money. And there's nothing money can't solve at all.

***

Emy and Anika were just about to go home from academy ng may grupo ng mga nakaitim na cloak ang pumalibot sa kanila.

The carriage she was riding on was forced to stop. Kaya naman agad chineck ni Anika yun.

She was not worried at the beginning.

She has quite lots of people with her. Her family deployed guards for her. Bukod pa doon ang mga royal guards at assassins ni Sebastian.

She knew the value of these guards especially sa lagay niya. Threats will surely come to her anytime.

And that time is today.

Hindi pa man nakakababa ng tuluyan si Anika ay bumalik agad ito sa loob ng carriage.

"Miss, they are the Black Council members and they have guns."

Napangisi na lang si Emy. This is what she was waiting for. This is the move she was exactly expecting from Misa.

"Let's stay in here. The guards will know what to do."

Of course, she had long been prepared for that attack. Naorient na niya si Red about it. All she have to do is to wait for the action to happen.

Hindi na naman siya naghintay ng matagal.

Gunshots and sword clashes were heard around them. Alam ni Emy, she could have not been safe in the carriage if that was just a normal one.