80: Calm 2

"Where are your loyalty lies? Are you gonna follow me or not?"

Several people from Grey City are asked this question.

Some pledged their loyalty. Some are still not sure. But one thing is for sure. A huge calamity will shake down the whole Grey City and they can't stop it anymore.

***

Diana and her friends stayed in Emy's side. They are worried about her well being.

The lady is not speaking that much after niyang manganak.

She felt like she became a different person.

Isa pa, she suddenly had a fetish in feeding the birds in her garden. Something she had not done before. Even her maidservants are not sure what to do with her new hobby.

Every morning, afternoon and night, she will go out to feed the birds.

Saka niya babalikan ang anak para alagaan.

***

Rumors about Emy spread in the palace.

Kesyo she had gone mad na daw after niyang manganak.

They said she wasn't able to take her emotional distress after Sebastian married Misa and then giving birth at the same time.

Dahil hindi nakaligtas ang balitang iyon kanila Franco, they had visited Emy one day.

Ayaw pa nga silang papasukin eh. But Sebastian told the guards off.

"You'll pay for what you have done to Emy, Sebastian. I'll make sure of it. I don't even care kung prinsipe ka pa o diyos. No one could make her suffer like this." Franco told him in gritted teeth.

Inawat naman siya agad nila Choi Kang at Liu Fu as they knew Emy will be angry kapag nakipag-away ang binata sa asawa. However, Haow stopped and faced Sebastian.

"You don't deserve her. Ako na lang sana ang pinakasalan niya."

That made Sebastian angry. Partly because he was also telling that to himself. He doesn't deserve Emy.

Pero hindi niya kayang isipin na mapupunta si Emy sa ibang lalaki.

No. He would really end up killing them all.

***

"Franco, brothers..." Emy greeted them as soon as they met her.

She was holding her baby.

"Emy..." Franco immediately approached her and gave her a hug. But not a tight one since karga nga ni Emy ang anak niya.

"Babae o lalaki?"

"Lalaki."

"Poor lad looking like his good-for-nothing father."

They waited for her na sawayin si Franco but she just walked inside. They followed her.

"Do you wanna carry him?"

Alanganing nagtinginan ang apat. But soon, they were fond of carrying the baby. Lalo na si Liu Fu na halos ayaw ng bitiwan ito especially when they realized na nakuha ng bata ang mga mata ni Emy.

"You seem well. Taliwas sa mga balibalita sa labas." Franco said.

"Rumors are rumors."

"But I still want to kill that husband of yours. Iwan mo na ang lalaking iyon. Let's go to Ming. You don't deserve a guy like that."

Emy just went quiet.

Franco took her hand. And he was surprised how cold her hand is.

"Emy, your hand..."

"I am fine, Franco. Don't worry about me." She smiled but it didn't reach her eyes anymore.

"These people, what have they done to you?" Franco asked her as if he is in great pain. He couldn't help it. Ingat na ingat niya si Emy magmula ng mapunta ito sa kanila. How the hell a guy like Sebastian had any rights to treat her like this? Maswerte na nga siya at pinakasalan siya nito. But he still didn't treasure her like her really should.

Emy sighed.

"Franco, will you be at my side whatever might happen?"

"Of course, Emy. No second doubt about that."

Emy smiled again. But still it didn't reach her eyes.

"I will expect it soon."

When she stood, her eyes met Haow's. And an understanding passed between them.

***