Epilogue

20 years later...

"You know, the party is on the other side of the wall."

Haow told Emy habang nakatulala siya sa labas ng wall.

Emy just raised an eyebrow at him then put back the jade ring on her necklace.

"Come on. This celebration is for you. Why don't you grace your own party?"

"You know I hate parties."

"Pretend then."

Tapos ay kinuha ni Haow ang kamay niya saka siya hinigit pababa ng wall.

Today marks the twentieth year after they freed the Grey City from Xeno's manipulation.

Marami na rin ang nangyari. Twenty years is too long, after all. But the changes that happened are for the embetterment of the Grey people.

After na makatakas nila Serafina at Sebastian, Atticus strengthened the alliance between the Grey and his cities.

Emy and Haow prioritized restoring the city first. Not only physically but also internally.

The Prime Minister guided them well.

Matapos na maayos nila ang lahat, saka lang sila nagdecide na maglagay ng panibagong leader .

But they had troubled in choosing dahil walang may gustong maupo sa pinakamataas na estado sa Grey City.

Or probably, they all have one person in mind who should be sitting there pero she had already expressed her disagreement for the proclamation.

Wala talagang balak na maging Empress si Emy. For what purpose she will have that title?

Hindi naman niya kinalaban sila Xeno at Misa for that. She wanted peace and she had that ever since.

Peace of being alone...

She thinks that's enough for her.

Isa pa, she had experienced living as a leader once. Though hindi maikukumpara ang pagiging leader ng Black Council at pagiging Empress, she still thought life there is full of heartaches and betrayals.

Hindi pa ba sapat lahat ng dinanas niya noon? She once died because of power. And now, she had another lifetime of heartaches and betrayals because of it.

However, since wala din naman siyang pagkakaabalahan sa buong buhay niya, she pledged to help whoever will be the leader of Grey City. Her loyalty and her hand... They were already enough.

Kaya naman nagdecide si Haow to claim the Throne. After all, as Marco, siya naman talaga ang original na Crown Prince.

And his and her tandem are just exceptional.

That's two lifetimes of partnership could do for you.

They both advanced all the ministries of Grey City.

They also added a new ministry. Technology Ministry. Liu Fu became the minister for that. Katulong niya si Choi Kang sa pagpapatakbo noon. And one of the first projects they implemented was the addition of Technology subject in Grey Academy. Soon, naghahalinhinan sila Liu Fu at Choi Kang para magturo sa mga estudyante.

Si Franco naman ang pumalit bilang heneral kay Francis, since he and Feng decided to stay in Ming Province permanently.

But Emy knew. Those two had been going here and there mula sa Ming at sa pinakabagong probinsya ng Grey City— ang Hans Province.

Emy acquired this huge land noong mga panahong kinailangan niyang pumunta sa Royal City bago ang labanan sa pagitan ng Royal City at Grey City. Nagkataon na napadaan siya sa lugar na iyon habang papunta siya sa Ming Province. And since she discovered its rich resources, she got interested in it. Ginawan talaga niya ng paraan para mabili ang lugar na iyon.