🅗🅤🅡🅣 pt III

Relief washed over Jimin when he saw they weren't around him anymore. He didn't know if he blacked out or what exactly for he didn't remember seeing them walk away, but he just stood up.

The fleeting thought of Taehyung being in the same class as him passed through his mind but it didn't settle there for even a brief second. Taehyung was indeed with him in the same class but he never seemed to notice him. Jimin shrugged to nobody in particular as he walked to his class.

He was late, that was an undisputable fact, and Mr. Wang was not exactly the nicest professor in College. Jimin knew he was going to be scolded, and even his straight As wouldn't be much of an intercession for him. His famous saying was “If you're late, then don't even bother to show up to my class.”

And it was exactly what Jimin heard as soon as he knocked on the door. And he muttered an apology without even paying attention to his own words.

“Where have you been, Mr. Park? Not asking out of curiosity, but I suggest you just go finish up whatever made you late to my class.” Mr. Wang’s eyes were unforgiving, as he stared coldly at the door as if Jimin was only wasting his time.

“It's the bus Sir, I didn't mean to be late.” Jimin said once again, lying smoothly, and the professor only shrugged. Jimin was about to just leave when the latter told him he can attend. Taehyung was staring at him and he could feel his eyes boring holes onto his face. Jimin felt everyone’s gaze on him and it made him feel small, but somehow, only Taehyung's gaze seemed to almost burn his skin.

Jimin thought it was only in his head for when he turned to Taehyung's direction, the latter wasn't looking at him at all, rather just causing trouble by kicking the bag of the guy in front of him, who turned to look at him with a furious glare.

Taehyung's face straightened in a flash of a second, that the amusement Jimin noticed at first glossily in his large eyes disappeared as soon as it showed up. The guy got intimidated and just sat properly on his seat.

“Are you going to stand there forever Mr. Park?” Mr. Wang asked in an annoyed undertone and Jimin hurried to his seat, not missing the way Taehyung devilishly pushed the guy next to him to the ground.

“Mr. Kim!” Mr. Wang was obviously angry but Taehyung only looked up at him as if he was thoroughly confused about the reason his name was called. “I didn't let your late ass in here just to cause troubles.”

Jimin wasn't surprised to find that Taehyung wasn't showing any kind of remorse for what he had done, and it wasn't helping his case in the slightest.

“Change your seat or fucking get out!”

Taehyung didn't seem to need to think as he just stood up to go sit somewhere else, and everyone, literally everyone, was looking at him with mortified expressions on their faces. None of them was ready to put up with him at all, and the professor had to choose a random person to solve the problem.

“Sit next to Mr. Park, Mr. Kim. You both were late.” And this was the last time he casted a single look in their direction.

Taehyung sat next to Jimin without much waiting. And Jimin took out his class books from his bag carefully, avoiding to meet eyes with Taehyung as he tried his best to fixate them on Mr. Wang's animated explanations instead. Jimin was well aware of the gaze at the side of his face, and it lingered way longer than it should have.

Jimin didn't understand, but he thought it was completely irrelevant. Taehyung was another image of the devil, even if he never truly hurt him in the past. So Jimin assumed that whatever went on inside of Taehyung's head as he stared at him, was surely and undoubtedly evil. And Jimin had to make a conscious effort to think of something other than the shameless staring he was receiving.

Jimin, however right he seemed, was utterly and completely wrong. Taehyung wasn't really interested in hurting him in any way. He was never interested, and he would be lying if he said he knew the reason why.

All Taehyung ever felt for people was hatred, an unexplainable feeling that asked for blood, for fights and for destruction. He wasn't good to anyone in his life, so the fact he didn't want to hurt a certain small little boy next to him felt strangely weird, almost alien-like feeling.

Taehyung’s feelings however, were never strong enough to make him feel any sort of protective feelings. It was like he didn't care enough to actually participate nor in the favor of neither against Jimin. His feelings were static, that's how all of his feelings except of rage and despise were.

But he could maybe recognize he started to hate seeing Jimin always sad like that. He had no particular reason why he hated it, but all he needed to know was that he did. Which meant he must have wished they could stop maltreating him a little while before.

Taehyung was aware how sadistic his friends were, and how apparently, unless he interfered in some way, it would pretty much never stop. For since it started, which was close to a year now, their daily abuse didn't seem to falter in the slightest, but to only worsen instead.

They never seemed to lose neither the joy nor the interest they had in abusing Jimin, and it didn't seem as if it was going to happen soon either.

Taehyung wasn't sure why he was thinking about this, for it shouldn't even occupy his mind this long, should it? It didn't matter at all after all. He most certainly had zero feelings for Jimin, or maybe that's what he liked to tell himself.

He was shortly proven wrong, for a wave of inexplicable rage rose in his chest, like one would ignite fire. Except that it was an eternal fire, one that would rise and never die, one that would change everything, reshape the whole world.

Taehyung knew he was born of the flames, he was born to destruct, to ruin and to challenge destiny. He was fearless like fire, burnt even brighter perhaps. One could never tell to what extent it really goes.

What ignited this fire in his chest, was the sight of a burning mark on Jimin's neck, a cigarette burn, like someone had extinguished it on the crook of his neck and Taehyung wouldn't have mistaken it with anything else. He'd knew one if he saw one, and Taehyung knew what he saw.

Saying he did expect his friends to go as far as burning Jimin with a cigarette for mere fun would be a total lie. But the thought made him squirm in his seat, his hands rolled onto tight fists, ready to throw a fist as soon as the bell ringed.

Taehyung's usual rage was absolutely blind, and it surely showed in the way he raised up from his seat, rushing to the door in an almost inhuman speed, dust of hell in his eyes, flames too and one could tell he was out to kill.

Had Namjoon only noticed the blatant signs of rage in Taehyung’s upcoming silhouette, he may have avoided the situation that shortly followed. 

“Is he still inside?” Namjoon asked Taehyung and the latter had no doubt in his mind that he was referring to Jimin. It was like adding fuel to the fire, and Taehyung couldn't even recognize Namjoon as his own friend anymore.

The rest of the small group couldn't even process what was happening as Taehyung clutched Namjoon's collar and pushed him hard against the wall, almost threatening to break his bones with the almost monstrous strength. Namjoon released a gasp of pain, but his eyes showed predominantly surprise, just like it was for all the rest of them.

It was nothing compared to the shock that invaded them when Taehyung rolled his way too large hands around Namjoon’s neck, and one could tell from a mile away that Taehyung was seeing red.

“You went way over your boundaries fucktard! Do you fucking want to die, huh?” Taehyung yelled through gritted teeth, his eyes have long lost their sparks, the stars in his irises have long exploded, supernova of rage taking over his every working neuron.

It was threatening to break into a whole fucking mess.

29.01.19