🅗🅤🅡🅣 pt IV

“What are you talking about?” Namjoon asked with difficulty for it became decidedly harder for him to breath. Taehyung saw the way his face grew redder, and how Namjoon’s windpipe tightened under the pressure of his hands.

Yoongi touched his shoulder, and it was like someone shot him calming pills. Taehyung let go of Namjoon but his glare was still just as angry as before. Namjoon was left coughing as soon as Taehyung stopped, his lungs asking desperately for air.

Taehyung didn't even wait for him, rather he turned to the rest with a death glare, his unflinching eyes almost sending chills down their spines. For to be honest, it was the first time they ever saw Taehyung angry. The younger was the calmer in character, the colder in demeanor. Seeing him like this was very, very new.

“I have no time to waste so I'd prefer if you'd be honest. Who the fuck burnt Jimin's neck with a cigarette?”

There was no response at all. For a second, Taehyung thought he just shocked them with how suddenly he attacked Namjoon. Maybe they were still shocked? Taehyung found himself getting so quickly impatient as he shoved his hands in his jeans’ pockets and stared up at them once again.

“I swear if I had to ask one more tim-” Taehyung yelled again, scooting closer in a threatening manner and his eyes were so intense it felt as if he was digging someone's grave. Seokjin then interrupted him, and if anything, he looked just truly confused.

“I don't know what's the matter Taehyung, but you should know me and Hoseok aren't responsible. He's always with me, and we know when to stop, you know?” Jin explained but Taehyung only seemed very doubtful. His eyes were cold, but in the way he showcased no reaction to Jin's words, it was rather apparent he didn't believe him.

“You think you know when to stop?” Taehyung asked incredulity tainting his voice as he cocked an eyebrow at Seokjin in a very languid fashion, before clicking his tongue. “Tssk.. What a joke.”

“I don't understand why is this suddenly interesting you Taehyung.” Namjoon said from behind him, and Taehyung turned to look at him with accusing eyes.

“So it's you, joonie.”

The words may sound tender, but one would only see hell inside Taehyung's eyes. It was plainly sarcastic, and Namjoon of course could tell.

“No it's not me. I just want to know why it bothers you. We're a group, you never really comment on anything. I just want to know what you think so we can solve this problem in other less violent ways. That's all.” Namjoon explained but Taehyung only shrugged in an apparent nonchalance he didn't even try to hide.

“Look who's so suddenly acting civic. Y’all are a bunch of cowards, afraid to even face me. But wait till I know by myself.” Taehyung's undertone was vaguely threatening, and at that exact moment Jimin saw the quarrel, and he took the chance to flee away, disappearing within the sea of students who seemingly ignored the fight as if it was nothing at all. Not that anyone would dare to interfere anyways, but Jimin totally missed the way Taehyung's eyes followed him in the distance.

“It isn't them.” Yoongi suddenly said and Taehyung locked eyes with him, but it wasn't even a glare, more like just settling a connection. “At least not when I was present.”

Taehyung nodded at that, for the first time not very doubtful.

“Regardless,” Taehyung said as he stared at Namjoon, Jin and Hoseok with warning glares. “I, from this moment onwards, pronounce whoever lays a finger on Jimin fucking dead. Do you get it?”

“Oh, really? And why is that?” Seokjin asked and he received a death glare somehow from all of Taehyung, Yoongi and Namjoon at once.

“What part of ‘f u c k i n g  d e a d’ don't you understand Jin?” Taehyung repeated, not even considering to offer any kind of explanation. “It bothers me. Get over it!”

It was the last thing Taehyung said before he left them all behind in the hallways and walked off, leaving them just shaken from what happened. Taehyung needed to ask Jimin in person to figure out who did hurt him. Why did he care? Why was he suddenly so mad? He didn't know but he just wanted to punch the fuck out of whoever did such cruel thing to Jimin. Sue him.

There was a desolated area where innovation was happening, right behind the school. And even if Jimin wasn't aware that Taehyung knew very well where he hid to eat his lunch in peace, he was decidedly meant to figure out today.

Taehyung could see from afar that Jimin was sitting alone on the grass, hugging his legs and his face was pretty much hidden from view. It sent a pang to his heart knowing that maybe Jimin was crying. And even if as insensitive as he liked to think he was, Taehyung wanted to just kiss his tears away.

Taehyung could notice that Jimin wasn't able to see that he was coming, for the way he wasn't paying any attention to his surroundings didn't allow him at all. Yet when he finally stood right in front of him, and Jimin looked up, he saw the instant fright his sight caused first hand and it made him feel guilty as fuck. He could see one emotion in Jimin's eyes, the utmost urge to run.

“Don't worry, I'm not here to hurt you.” Taehyung said with a soft voice, even if his face was so expressionless in a weird contradiction, and Jimin seemed totally split in what side to believe. “I'm here just to ask a simple question. Is someone else but the fuckers I know hurting you?” 

Jimin's eyes widened considerably at the question, yet, he immediately shook his head in response. The lie was pretty obvious and mildly irritating to Taehyung, which made him squat then grab Jimin's chin forcefully, putting his hand on his neck, right above the burn, earning a twitch from the smaller for it was still new and fresh, painful.

“What's this then, huh?” Jimin stared at him in fear, not saying anything at all. Taehyung just observed the way Jimin moved instead of answering, how he was trying rather desperately to free himself from his hold, an effort that went in vain.

“Answer me, Jimin.” Taehyung demanded releasing him from his grip but he was attentive to his every motion still

“I already told you. There's nobody else.” Jimin mumbled, avoiding Taehyung's eyes, and looking to the grass. Taehyung could see he just wanted him to leave, he was making him uncomfortable, but he didn't know how else to figure out.

“So what's the reason of the burn Jimin?” Taehyung pressed again, his voice stern and firm. He would be lying if he said he didn't notice Jimin partly cowering away at the tone of his voice, but for some reason, he didn't like it. He hated it. “I'm not leaving until you say who.”

“It doesn't have anything to do with you, so please leave me alone.” Even if it was almost demanding, Jimin's voice was small. And Taehyung almost struggled to hear it, especially that the bell rang at that exact moment. It distracted Taehyung for a fraction of a second, but it was enough for Jimin to take the chance and run back to the closest elevator. It wasn’t that Taehyung wasn't able to follow after him, but he was uninterested in scaring Jimin for any longer. It wasn't his intention to do so in the first place.

Still, there was one thing that was absolutely certain, Taehyung would not be giving up unless he figured out who it was. And who knows? Maybe teach them a lesson too.

29.01.19