🅟🅐🅡🅐🅝🅞🅘🅓 pt I

Jungkook and Jimin were seated at one end of their large glassy dining table with a light wooden top. Imported wrapped hamburgers and fried kimchi, eggs and potato fries in front of them. Jimin took a burger from one of the plates, unwrapping it to stuff a large bite into his mouth.

Jimin ate comfortably in the peaceful silence, oblivious to Jungkook's watchful eyes which bored holes onto his body, too caught up in his bacon burger to notice. The hot grease burned his mouth slightly and caused Jimin to hiss. He looked up to meet Jungkook's questioning eyes, and he needn't to think to know that the other was paranoid again for who knows what new reason.

“What?” Jimin asked, and despite the inquiry in his voice, it was still rather sweet. Jungkook narrowed his eyes, not saying anything yet. Just the fact of Jimin asking him stirred something in his mind, new suspicions. Jimin knowing he had something to say meant to him that he was well aware of the reason behind it. Illogical, but Jungkook's mind was so used to suspicion it seemed true to him.

“The guard told me you came late today, mind explaining?” Jungkook's crisp tone was meant to sound calm, but there was an underlying impatience in his voice. Jimin just stared at him, almost dumbfounded at the question.

He was late for like 10 minutes than his usual time, ten fucking minutes. But he knew that Jungkook would just doubt it more if he showed any type of reaction, so he shrugged in a nonchalant manner.

“Traffic.” Jimin muttered as he carried on eating as if nothing happened. He even avoided thinking of his conversation that evening with Taehyung because he knew that Jungkook was observant, that he'll notice there was something he was omitting.

Reading people was Jungkook's job, extinguishing out the lies from the truths was something substantial in business, to know if his opponent on the board table was only bluffing or if his words held any truth to them at all, to win tough deals he had to make sure he wasn't being played.

But Jimin didn't like such a thing used against him, especially when he had done absolutely nothing wrong. “It was ten minutes, I don't control the bus Jungkook. Why would the guard even report such a petty occurrence.

This is annoying, offensive even.” Jimin noticed the way Jungkook's eyebrow rose at that, and it confirmed his thought. Of course Jungkook knew it was only ten minutes, and the point of him still asking didn't make sense to Jimin at all.

Jungkook was still silently looking at him, as if he still expected him to say something else, that for some reason, traffic wasn't enough of excuse for him to believe.

But Jimin knew at this point what Jungkook base on his deductions, watching the very small details, the cracks in one's voices, the microscopic gestures of one's faces and body language, it was hard to be sure by just observing, but Jimin knew that Jungkook knew that he was lying.

It wasn't traffic indeed, but Jimin wouldn't in his life bring on the fact that he was stuck in a conversation with another man. Jungkook would go insane.

No one knew the crazy parts of Jungkook except for him, the abusive part, the senseless part, the broken one too. Which bring on the third thing Jungkook was damn good at, undoubtedly acting.

Jimin would think such flawless acting would deserve an oscar. Jungkook was the nation’s sweetheart, the youngest yet most successful businessman in South Korea, the wealthiest too.