🅕🅘🅡🅢🅣 🅚🅘🅛🅛 pt I

Thinking back on it, Jimin indeed thought that smile was haunting but it was unsurprising nevertheless. Taehyung smiled for all sort of wrong reasons, he smiled when stabbing people, when initiating fights, when planning murders, when stealing vehicles or hacking CCTV cameras, when breaking into buildings, when smuggling weapons under the passenger seat of his car, when snorting coke, when seeing the light die out of some nameless faceless person's eyes, when throwing a chopped and butchered corpse in the lake.. among endless other things.

Jimin used to rarely see him smile unless it's sarcastic or to unnerve people but now that he lived with him, he never thought that he smiled that often. Maybe it was indeed his life motto that 'to be lawless is to be happy' and Jimin knew that in the past, he just wasn't in Taehyung's circle of happiness.

A killing spree, Jimin had also thought that Yoongi was just over-dramatic, for who the fuck would go on a killing spree once every other time and no one would even notice?

But Taehyung did, he did so many times and no one had any fucking idea. He never paid attention to all of those posters of missing people in the boards of the streets, only magnifying in number, each face overlapping the other and staring back at him with blank eyes.

Jimin felt his stomach dropping when a paper hit his coat, taking it in his hand and immediately recognizing the face. He saw that face in the freezer when he intended on bringing a beer but had obviously opened the wrong fridge.

His stomach churned and he was vomiting his insides in a toilet seat just a few seconds later but hadn't told Taehyung anything, afraid the latter would change his mind. He didn't know how he would even successfully kill someone if he was scared of knives and cannot even deal with the sight of a corpse but he pushed it in the back of his mind.

The wind blew and tore more of the ripped papers hanging lowly off of the board to wander the streets and to be remembered by somebody else. He made the mistake of looking at the board and recognizing even more faces. He saw their names on a list where Taehyung wrote about his targets and god knows they weren't missing..

They were dead. He wondered what it was like to Taehyung, to always be surrounded by the faces of the people he killed but he thought that the older probably didn't feel anything at all, he thought that he probably grinned from ear to ear whenever he passed by the posters.

He knew that Taehyung didn't feel guilt, and had told him once that he rather felt sorry for the people who felt guilt, that he was the mainstream, that every newspaper in Korea never miss to report on his comeback tour, and he never fails to get excellent reviews.

Taehyung said it all with a proud smile, he was nothing but proud, and Jimin couldn't blame him. He thought he wasn't any different, he was going to help him very soon after all. But the guilt was there, not enough to consume him, but enough to have it niggling away in the back of his mind like a parasite infecting his very soul, but he ignored it, barely.

Jimin didn't expect too from Yoongi to stop despising him very soon, or at least he didn't expect him to stop making it so obvious how much he hated him everytime they crossed paths in the apartment -which was quite often- and Jimin was positive Taehyung had something to do with the sudden change. He didn't tell Taehyung anything but he had heard the two of them speaking last night of how Taehyung had found the one they were looking for.

Jimin had no idea who the latter was but he knew that he had some relation with the whole thing and it was just suspicious. He was sure the man will die soon, and maybe he'd help killing him too. Taehyung said that he'll teach him with real practice, which meaned they will kill some people really soon but he still didn't know who were Taehyung's targets yet.

He didn't even know how Taehyung showed up by his side out of nowhere,  not even looking like himself with the way he was clothed: a long coat that went up to his knees, a black sweater and jeans, a face mask and heavy boots. The only thing that got Jimin to recognize him was after Taehyung took off the face mask, revealing his wide boxy smile under the hood that covered almost half of his face.

“D’you see the guy walking ’head of us?” Taehyung asked and Jimin nodded absentmindedly. He didn't know what was going on, Taehyung asked of him to wait here and gave him the clothes he was currently wearing. Jimin was scared of the idea that Taehyung may decide to kill the guy now. Jimin was unprepared and Taehyung still hadn't taught him anything at all.

“He’s Lee Taeyong. Born in First July 1995, 175cm (5'9") and 58 kg (128 Ibs). His parents are abroad and he has an older sister living in Seoul too with her boyfriend. He studies in School of performing arts, schedule from 8 to 3. He daily goes to 1Million dance studio in Gangnam-gu from 4 to 6, and goes swimming every week in Daewoo sports center. He's also an underground rapper and dancer, and he has OCD specifically mysophobia. He's usually back at his apartment in Garo-gu each day by around 7 pm, orders food once every other night. He has two best friends: Jung Jaehyun and a thai guy surnamed Lee Yongheum.”

“How the fuck you know all of this?” Jimin was staring at him with wide eyes and a slightly ajar mouth. He had no idea how did Taehyung know all of that amount of information about a total stranger.

“First step of getting away with murder,” Jimin was paying all of his attention to Taehyung at the moment. Eyes serious and eyebrows knotted in focus. “Is stalking. You have to scout out your victim for a few days and hack them to obtain additional information. You should figure out their schedule and habits so you use them to plan your murder. Shop the tools of murder out of town in large department stores at least a month prior in cash and destroy the receipts and shopping bags.” Lee Taeyong was obviously never going to make it. There was really no escape until he dies. Taehyung's eyes were deadly as he continued.

“Do never use something you own. Kill someone you don't know, a stranger you can't get linked to and it's even better if they're someone unvalued by society like runaways, prostitutes, homeless people.. For fewer people would pressure the police for action and they wouldn't be missed for a while if ever at all. It's better also to commit the murder in another city but it's not my style. Yet, my optical location would be a crime infested neighborhood, and that would be in Gangseo-gu and Yeongdeungpo-gu for they have highest murder rates in South Korea and are both in Seoul.”

“That's a lot to remember.” Jimin muttered, realizing that Taehyung had already did all what he said already. “But how should we kill him? And why did you choose him? He's a stranger but his family would pressure the police to look for him, right?”

“I'm way past killing scums right now.” Taehyung said shrugging. “He had an argument with his two friends yesterday so I don't think they'll check on him. He rarely speak to his parents at all, his sister visits him twice a month and had just come today morning. He's a total asshole so him not replying any of his messages is typical of him so I estimate he wouldn't be missed for approximately two weeks and that's enough for his body to rot away.” A creepy smirk had already made its way onto Taehyung's face at the moment. “There's a billion way to kill him babe, but this doesn't mean that I don't have a prefered method.”

Jimin's eyes were the physical equivalence of a question mark, he didn't ask anything but the silent question was very obvious. “Which is?”

“Abduction.”

Jimin thought that he understood how most of Taehyung's victims were thought of as missing. The bodies were never found, no evidence of murder was found either and the police had no reason to think they were killed for it appeared just as if they simply vanished from the face of the earth. The other question he felt the need to ask despite him still being clueless on the first was: ‘How to get away with abduction?’

But he was sure Taehyung knew by heart how to do it, for he wasn't even doubted and had no criminal record at all and Jimin was cheering for him inside his brain. Taehyung was a mastermind serial killer and he couldn't help but pray silently.

‘RIP Lee Taeyong.’

07.11.19