🅢🅟🅘🅛🅛🅔🅓 🅢🅔🅒🅡🅔🅣 pt II

“Don't you think it's a bit reckless?” Matthew asked, incredulity easily sensed in his voice. But Jimin's new attitude full of confidence and self assurance still didn't seem to be sinking in for him just yet. Would he really tell Jungkook that? 

It had one obvious consequence and it was angering the crap out of him, which is something he didn't want to be faced with for Jungkook would only get his wrath out on both of them if Jimin ever dared to say what he thought this bluntly. “I think it's a pretty bad idea.”

“It's just the truth. He can fuck himself if he doesn't like it.” Jimin challenged even more daringly as he arched an eyebrow, the hint of a smile tugging at his lips.

Matthew doubted the fact that Jimin would really do it but let out a small offended noise nevertheless, before he took out a pack of cigarettes, holding one and placing it between his lips, and leaning closer to let Jimin light it for him. He had a very insisting gut feeling that everything would go south once they both meet with Jungkook.

Jimin had obviously no interest in being the docile boy he was for Jungkook anymore. Matthew didn't understand what was happening, and though he was very worried that Jungkook would lose his shit and beat Jimin up, something he usually does whenever anyone angers him including his own boyfriend, he still thought that Jimin had the total right to be truthful if it was what he wanted to.

“I'm just saying that it won't end up good for both of us if you speak to him with this attitude.” Matthew said, tipping his head back and letting the smoke slowly escape his lips.

“First, Jungkook would get jealous from that Taehyung guy, and he already hates him, at least enough that he wants him in a hospital bed for a couple of weeks. Second, that would enrage him, and since he'd be already angry because we didn't do this exactly as he wished, then you shouldn't be surprised if he raised up his hand on you again.”

“Did you mean ‘if he beat me up again’? Don't use euphemism with me Matthew, I'm not a kid. It's not like using careful words would make or had made the impact of his blows any euphemistic at all.” Jimin mused in the same airy way that irked Matthew, Jimin's face scrunching up lightly in a way he thought was cute, but kind of expressed hurt too, or maybe the slightest hint of fear that got quickly masked as soon as it surfaced.

“You should know that I'm not going to accept this kind of treatment anymore. I'm done with being patient with him.”

“If that's what you're going to do, then tell him first. He's so used to you just forgiving him.” Matthew advised casting his gaze back to the road. Jimin just smiled sweetly at his advise, he still didn't think of a way to tell Jungkook that he truly had enough of it, that it'll be no next time if he ever hurt him again, but it was time to do so.

Jimin promised himself that as soon as he put his feet on the floor of their penthouse suite, he'll speak out about this. He was sure that Jungkook would take it as a joke at the start, but then would come to the conclusion that it was no joke soon afterwards, and he wondered what would his reaction be. 

Jimin seemed to get lost in his own thoughts as he leaned back over to stare out of the window again. He really loves Jungkook, loves him enough that he started to loath himself as a consequence.

Loving Jungkook had made him lose his already very unsteady confidence, self-esteem, happiness, self-respect.. It only ruined him, but he still wanted to hold on to it for a bit longer even though it hurt.

This was the very weakness that seemed to make him go insane, for how could a single smile from Jungkook make him forget everything bad he had dome to him? Make a lovely warmth spread through his chest that almost ached whenever he pressed a chaste kiss in the corner of his mouth and said ‘good morning’ to him.

He still just couldn't let Jungkook go even after everything he had done. He truly forgave him and can't really help forgiving him each and every time, and his forgiveness seemed infinite, but he knew that he had to put an end to it. 

“You're a very sweet guy Jimin” Matthew said with a very sincere look on his eyes, leaning over to take a glimpse of Jimin's face as he took another drag of his cigarette. “Regardless of what I saw today, I still think you're a very sweet person, so don't cause yourself harm like this, okay?”

“After what you saw, I think that you should change your mind a bit.” Jimin replied in a soft voice that seemed very contradictory with his own words.

“I have to admit that I was shocked at your demeanor tonight. Your sweet smile didn't ever allude to something close to how scary you could be. Even though I was aware that you had no experience in this field, I must say you looked like a boss.” Matthew mouthed his perfect script of sculptured praises, and Jimin merely reacted to it. Did he really seem this way?

Jimin felt as if Matthew was just flattering him with compliments because of some intern reason he didn't know, but it just didn't add up with Matthew being the very straightforward person he knew. It must be then true but he couldn't bring himself to believe it. 

“Oh, really? I'm flattered.” Jimin muttered with an unbelieving flat tone that seemed foreign to his own ears. For it was a lie and he wasn't actually flattered, he was rather ashamed. It was as if he was trying to get distant from his own words, from his own actions. He just didn't want to discuss that at the moment for it was still very burdensome and heavily weighting on his shoulder blades. 

“It's not a compliment. You know very well that I don't do those. The thugs really thought you were Master Jeon's right hand, and you had to see the look on their faces when I told them you were his lover instead. Back then, you really gave off the same aura Master Jeon gives off, the same heavy presence that could be felt in the air ten miles away. You're really capable of being scary Jimin, very capable.”

Matthew insisted knowing that Jimin had to believe his words for they were very true, and it would be such a waste if he doesn't realize that it fits him to have the upper hand more than if fits him to be always the victim. Matthew had always wanted him to stand up for himself, and what happened brought out an unpredicted satisfaction out of him. 

Jimin laughed sweetly at his words. Him and Jungkook, the same aura? He would've still thought Matthew was sort of joking with him but he knew better.

“I'm capable of so many things Matthew. And I am just so very sick of always being the victim of other people's sick behaviors.” Jimin mused, tone attempting not to show that he was hurt, weak and guilty because of the same thing Matthew was praising. “So I will never let anyone hurt me ever again.”

“Even Jungkook?” Matthew asked, his question very on point and Jimin got taken aback by the unexpected question. The whole world was on a hand and Jungkook alone was in the other hand. It was obvious that whatever he decides, it'll always be a thousand times harder once they bring Jungkook to the picture.

Yet, and even though he was initially shocked, he didn't even have to put on an act to look deadly serious, low key sinister and also very determined.

“Yes, even Jungkook Matthew.”

14.06.19