🅕🅘🅡🅢🅣 🅔🅝🅒🅞🅤🅝🅣🅔🅡 pt II

Of all the things Jimin thought that he would regret hearing, it had never crossed his mind that it could be this. It was just a normal question, and yet he felt the unmistakable sensation of dread course through him.

Yet Taehyung was looking at him as if nothing of great importance happened, before he locked eyes with him. The older had large intense pair of eyes, a straight prominent nose with a rounded tip and a freckle, thick eyelashes emphasized with the eyeliner drawn smoothly over his eyelid, and pillowed lips that were pursed in what looked like a disapproving expression.

Taehyung had an intense and unflinching gaze that felt extremely intimidating and Jimin figured that he couldn't hold his gaze for more than a second before dropping it to the table instead.

“No, I can't.” Jimin lied, thankful that his voice didn't waver and sell his lie away, before reaching up to fix his messy hair nervously. He knew very well why Taehyung had asked him this question, yet he hoped that his assumption was wrong.

Taehyung might have just noticed that he was staring at the paper, and maybe wondered if he could read it, or maybe he did actually notice Jimin's expression when he did stare at it.

Jimin didn't take him for a fool, he was aware Taehyung looked aloof and nonchalant towards everything, but that he was observing it all up close, that he just knew very well how to hide it with the impassiveness in his face. But either ways, he was hoping, almost praying in his mind for Taehyung not to have noticed anything.

“Another question, do you think I'm dumb?” Taehyung's voice rang in his ears, and Jimin unconsciously held his breaths. He knew it was already over the moment Taehyung asked him the very first question, but he liked to hope it wasn't the case.

The bell rang in sync with Taehyung's question, and Jimin had to curse under his breaths in mere frustration. He never wished for a course to be longer, but he didn't want to be left alone with Taehyung.

Every other student seemed to be in the action of packing up and leaving, but Jimin felt himself as if planted deeply in his seat. He wanted to leave, he was pretty much sure it was the smartest thing to do and yet not a single bone in him had the volition or the ability to budge an inch.

Wouldn't his trial of leaving reveal that he was lying? Or does staying mean practically the same thing? What if Taehyung disapproves and stops him from doing so?

Jimin didn't want to trigger the older onto hitting him or using any sort of violence against him, something he knew very well the other was capable of. So he resorted to staying as the only option left, even though he was dead frightened of how it would end, even if he felt the thin hair of his arm almost stand up in what seemed close to goosebumps. 

“N-no” Jimin was trying not to stutter, but even if his answer was practically just one word, he still stuttered in the middle of it. He couldn't help but feel the weight of Taehyung's gaze burning down on him as he kept staring at the table. And it was weighting down on him, he could feel even without looking, the suspicion in Taehyung's face, but he just kept looking down at the book in front of him, petrified.

And there it was, a resonating laugh that bounced against his eardrums, magnified by the classroom’s walls. And Jimin lifted up his gaze in surprise, realizing that the class was already empty and Taehyung was standing on his feet.

Jimin had to look up to meet his gaze, his arrogant gaze at that, and with the devious smirk on his face, Jimin felt as if he was below him. The current position allowed Taehyung to look powerful, in control, and for a moment of time, Jimin felt as if he was on his knees rather than seated at his desk.