🅢🅟🅘🅛🅛🅔🅓 🅢🅔🅒🅡🅔🅣 pt I

Matthew watched silently as Jimin slid into the passenger seat instead of the back one as usual, but he didn't dare to ask why.

The high tension which suffocated the air had finally subsided, and he didn't want to ignite those flames again. So he just sat in the driver seat and started the car. Both of them were engulfed in a thick silence except for the soft roaring of the engine, and it felt as if it was just the calm before an upcoming storm that would decidedly change everything.

Maybe, he'll have to start to respect Jimin in the sense he does with a boss, he felt as if that day was perfectly the most appropriated for Jungkook to finally confess to Jimin about the nature of his shady work, more specifically, the links the Jeon family has with the prominent gang activity in Seoul.

Jimin just stared out of the window with blank empty eyes, he was giving off a mysterious vibe, something Matthew had never felt coming off of him but he guessed that he had to get used to it, and actually get used to all the traits of now the new Jimin in some type of way.

For as little the time he had spent with him after the torture incident was, he was still able to feel that sensation increasingly. He began to feel something very predatory about Jimin, very determined and yet very languid, a rather strong presence and he was sure that even Jungkook would feel it.

That would give him the green light to let Jimin know about his illegal activities, and about his title of the head of the biggest mob empire ruling Seoul's underground almost entirely, and who knows? Maybe offer him to join too.

At the thought of Jungkook, he recalled that there was something out of his very specific order that they had missed out carrying, for Taehyung must have been with the boys during the torture. A fact that Jimin knew and yet kept on ignoring, and the thugs didn't go against him considering him to be Master Jeon's representative in the scene.

“Jimin?” Matthew asked in a husky heavy voice breaking the lingering silence and Jimin just hummed as a response, his eyes not leaving the window even for a brief moment.

He didn't feel like talking, he only felt like thinking and anything else seemed so very exhausting for him to carry on doing. Jimin felt bad, for he had just crossed one of his very important moral lines and it felt like too much for him to handle, and he briefly wondered how did Taehyung deal with the guilt. Had he ever even felt guilt?

He was used to hearing Taehyung speak of his crimes shamelessly, with a low victorious tone and lips curved cockily into a smirk, his deep brown eyes staring straight through his soul, both piercing and amused.

Taehyung had obviously no moral lines, it would seem. Everyone would easily agree that Kim was a fucking psychopath, but Jimin never seemed to care. He simply cared about the fact that Taehyung cared for him, spoke to him, and valued him as a human being. Things Jungkook had given up doing a very long time ago.

Taehyung always spoke to him about the thrill his criminal murky activities make him feel, about the rush of adrenaline he gets when doing something wrong, but he never told him about this. He never spoke to him about the agonizing shadow of the load of memories and the crazy amount of guilt he'd have to deal with later.

He thought that Taehyung might've never felt that way, and was just so conquered and preoccupied by the demons inside his head to care about any crippling sense of remorse, and though it must've felt very unsettling, or must've gotten him to want to leave someone as Taehyung behind, he just wasn't able to.

Jimin truly liked Taehyung a lot, felt as if he was just a cute kid underneath that chiseled sharp jaw and maniac personality. A little bad with feelings and a little temperamental but he still liked him, he could even go as far as saying that he maybe had fallen for him but he would never admit that to himself, at least not yet.

“Jungkook wanted Taehyung tortured too, remember? He wouldn't like the fact that we let him go.” Matthew explained his eyes still fixated on the road. He was hoping that Jimin could help him somehow justify it to Jungkook, for the latter could listen to Jimin, but he would never listen to him.

He wouldn't be so surprised if Jungkook really strangled him out of anger when he knows that he left the most important part of his order undone. Jungkook was a man of his word, equally in the bad side as in the good one, and he was unlucky enough to see the evidence of that in a few occasions, leaving a burning memory in the far back of his mind.

“couldn't find him.” Jimin replied vaguely, and Matthew let out a questioning grunt. “We couldn't find him, we didn't let him go. Taehyung wasn't in the city.” Jimin corrected him rather than answered him, and it was slightly irking.

He understood the fact that Jimin wasn't yet in the mood to discuss the consequences of his actions or the operation as a whole, but Matthew still had to make a few points clear before they arrive to the penthouse suite, for in front of Jungkook, there should be no slipping or messing up.

Jungkook wanted something and it wasn't done as he wished, that was all that mattered, but Jimin treated Jungkook's order as a personal opportunity to revenge. It was rather obvious that he didn't give a flying fuck what was even the order he was executing simply because that wasn't what he was doing in the first place. Yet, at the moment, they had to find some other alternative to explain what happened.

“Even if Taehyung left to hide in some jungle in the Mekong Delta, it doesn't fucking matter. Jungkook won't accept that as a reason of why we didn't carry on his order.” Matthew muttered, a tone of bitterness lacing his voice, and it seemed as if he was considering the fact that Jungkook may just strangle him for the shitty excuse first before even making him pay for messing up the three simple steps he had told him to follow.

“Don't worry, I'll be in charge of explaining.” Jimin said back to his sweet candy voice, and it suddenly shocked Matthew for a while. Will Jimin always be switching like that? From a ferociously heartless monster to a sweet angel? He wished Jimin could just settle on one thing for it was just very confusing, or maybe he just forgot really how Jimin is once he took a peak at his scary other side?

Mathew was nevertheless grateful as the smaller boy offered to take the blame in his place, a perfect act of kindness very contradictory with what he witnessed Jimin doing in less than three hour ago. It wasn't as if he felt disgusted by his behavior, for he witnessed worse things and even done some of it himself.

“How are you going to justify the fact that we neglected to hurt Taehyung, when the purpose of the whole operation is to hurt him?” Matthew asked shooting him a pointed look, and Jimin's lips twitched in the corner trying to stop an unfathomable smile that eventually got plastered on his face just a few seconds later, accompanied with a shiny glint on his once big innocent eyes, that currently looked nothing as innocent, and more of just plainly crazy and daring.

“I'll tell him the naked truth, that's what he says that he wants after all, right? And the truth is no simplest than the fact that I like Taehyung, so why would I hurt him?” Jimin said, oddly amused as his lips morphed onto a grin, a little less cute and a little more devious this time. And Matthew had to wonder from where did all this confidence suddenly break out.

Maybe it was true, Jimin would only keep on switching.

13.07.19