🅣🅗🅔 🅗🅔🅘🅡 pt II

Taehyung kicked his shoes under the table as he put his elbow on the padded leather armrest. The sleeve of his jacket rustled against it and he rested the side of his head on his curled up fingers.

Taehyung seemed as if he fell in thoughts, for his eyes were distant and unfocused. But the truth way, he was still paying close attention to Yoongi lounged back in the sofa. He knew that he'll probably startle him when he says what he was meaning to say.

Yoongi felt Taehyung's intense eyes on him so he tilted his head slightly to meet his gaze, raising his brow in an almost questioning fashion, as if asking what he was thinking.

“Do you know what it is today?” Taehyung asked, smiling a smile that didn't reach his eyes. Yoongi wished to return the smile but he couldn't, for his throat seemed to tighten to the width of a straw. And it got suddenly hard to swallow but he didn't want to show how much that single train of thoughts frightened the crap out of him.

It didn't take even a fraction of a second for Yoongi to realize that smile was anything but happy or satisfied. Smiling would rather suggest some sort of happy feeling, yet that was the last thing Taehyung was feeling right now, and Yoongi surely realized it, that Taehyung was rather pissed.

“How can I even forget Tae? Of course I know.” Yoongi muttered ever so softly, as he shifted to sit on the sofa properly. “We'll be fine though, yeah?”

The lie rolled easily out of his mouth. It wasn't because he was used to lying for he lied very rarely, especially to Taehyung. The reason was that he must've had repeated this sentence in his brain at least zillions of times, and yet, up to the current moment, he still realized it was a lie whenever it left his mouth or crossed his mind.

No, they weren't fine, neither will they ever be. How could they when a whole gang and their boss was after them for at least 8 years now, maybe since he was even born. Taehyung wasn't scared, he knew it. Nothing scared Taehyung, even death.

But maybe it scared Taehyung to lose him, for he'd go to absolute crazy measures to make sure he was okay. But Yoongi weren't and he was sure he'll never be. But he still wished he could make himself believe it. But he couldn't, and probably that's why Taehyung will never believe it too.

Taehyung didn't answer, for yeah he never said it outloud but it was not that sure if they'll even make it alive till they're twenty five. Not unless he found his most hated rival, Du Agma Pa's boss, and murdered him with his own hands and threw him in a ditch.

Taehyung took it upon himself to protect Yoongi at all costs, and he would love to tell him that they'll be fine. But as much as he trusted his potential, he couldn't confirm it. He was sure of himself, he will find him, he wil kill him and he had no mercy. But for now, he got to be sure first. So, he just stared at the window behind the older and got lost in the sight.

Taehyung was fearless, in the general settings of things, and yet there was one thing that profoundly and insurmountably daunted him, none other than losing Yoongi to that poor excuse of a gang boss.

Taehyung shifted his gaze back at him, this time his eyes were difficult to read, with the steady unflinching glare that held no emotion at all. The type of look he gave to his enemies to make them squirm, nervous, that got them to start sweating.

Surprisingly, Taehyung was giving the same look to Yoongi, he didn't want that but he couldn't let the gaze break. He had to always look strong in front of him, in front of everyone but especially him, for he had to keep the belief that he can protect him vivid in his mind.

Taehyung was a pro when it came to numbing his feelings whenever it got too much for him to handle, or whenever he felt so many vulnerable feelings that he had to disguise. But in all honesty, he rarely felt things anyways, they were always so shallow and fleeting. But he still hated those all the same.

Taehyung wished if he just could've extracted all spectrum of human emotions out of himself so life would be so much easier. And probably then he'll definitely have nothing to lose. It could be considered true if we only excluded Yoongi out of the equation. His lack of emotion made him look to anyone who ignored that small fraction of feeling like a monster, highly indestructible and downright terrifying.

Yet to be more exact, the truest statement was that the only way to destroy Taehyung was to hurt Yoongi. For it would whether really destroy him, or make him lose the last shred of sanity he still had in that strongly reckless mind of his.

“It is today when we first left our lavish mansion to find this deserted house.” Taehyung said as he chuckled, not humorously but darkly so, as he reverted his seemingly cold gaze away from Yoongi again and back to the window. “Ironically, also the day when they suddenly decided to kill you. God knows what would've happened if I weren't there. We're not safe Yoongi, we'll never be. Not unless he dies.”

Yoongi's face contorted at Taehyung's words, for as much as he wanted to disagree, he knew that he was right. Taehyung was mostly always right, for he wasn't as cowardly as Yoongi thought himself to be.

Taehyung had the blessing to understand situations clearly, not blinded by dark emotions as nervousness or fear, and he consequently always knew how to get out of them, how to find solutions, how to efficiently think under pressure, and how to make his plans work.

He also was strong, knew how to fight and how to use firearms, along with basic usually non deadly things that were allowed in gang fights such as baseball bats and sometimes knifes. Yoongi didn't like to think of how he used said skills to commit cold-blooded murders too. No, he didn't need to think of this after all.

Taehyung was both brains and brawn, and Yoongi unconsciously envied him. If he was Taehyung and Taehyung was him, probably all of their problems would've faded away. Yet this was the way it was, and there was no way to change it:

Yoongi had to be born as the heir of Cheonsa Myo Pa, and Taehyung had to be born as the second important one. But Taehyung almost leaded the gang anyways, Yoongi was the least important. Titles didn't matter if the work gets done.

Taehyung should've logically hated him, for once he's dead, the latter would inherit everything and will be the rightful heir instead. Yet, Taehyung loved him, and always protected him, and never seemed to want anyone to even think of hurting him.

Taehyung was younger and stronger, and more fitting at all scales to inherit the second strong, but still rising mob empire. He probably had to be happy that the heir was as weak as Yoongi is.

Yet, that wasn't even closely true for the only thing Taehyung felt rather so intensely in the whole chaos was an indescribably overwhelming feeling to protect his best friend, supposingly competitor, but truly the only person that had ever mattered in his life.

It was that unbelievable, but yet undeniable. It wasn't their life or their choices, not at all. They were just living out the future that had already been decided for them from birth. They were very much slaves to their own previously decided future that hadn't been something they themselves had wished for, and there was nothing they could do about it.

At least, that's what Taehyung had thought, and he would do anything  to protect Yoongi and to get him to inherit his rightly owned organized gang ‘Cheonsa MyoPa’ safely.

It wasn't their choice in the slightest, but Taehyung had decided that it was their fate anyways. Just like it was the fate of the new boss of their rival gang to die on his own hands, had he just found him yet. But he would find him soon, very very soon.

07.06.19