8 | taetae

Chaerin's POV

《Good morning, Taehyung.》 I was ready to go to school, I just had to have breakfast.

Taehyung was already in the kitchen eating. As soon as he sees me he looks away, visibly agitated.

I sit at the table and start eating. There was an awkward silence.

With what he said yesterday it was clear that he knew something ... I just wonder why he pretended nothing, asking me those questions.

While we were eating we get a message simultaneously on our cell phones. We check both, it's a message from our parents.

They say they added a week to their honeymoon in Japan.

《Yah, did you read?》

《Yeah ...》he snorts.

As soon as I finish eating I leave the plate in the sink. I take the bag and look towards Taehyung 《see you later.》

He answers with mumbles.

[...]

Most of the morning has already passed, a lesson was still missing. We had a half-hour break. I was in class with Hwasa, we were chatting amongst ourselves.

《After school, would you like to do something?》 I say turning in my chair towards Hwasa.

《You didn't hear?》

《Hear what?》

《Taehyung will have a party at his house!》she says happily.

I remain silent for a moment, trying to realize what I had just heard 《He what?》 I can't avoid the nervous tic that comes spontaneously in my eye.

《He invited the whole school, and it's rare since he didn't even invite his friends to his house, until recently!》

I try not to show the anger that was taking over my body. I smile like an idiot to hide it.

《We are going, right?》she says, raising an eyebrow.

《Eh?》

《At the party.》she says as if it were the most obvious thing.

Sure. How nice to be invited to a party that is done at my house.

I get up from my chair and go to Taehyung class.
I hear the voice of Hwasa calling me but I ignore her.

I slam the door open of his classroom, dart in, everyone's attention was on me. It looked like a scene from an anime.

He was leaning near the window together with Jimin and Jungkook. I take him by the wrist and pull him out of the classroom, all his companions shout an "oooh".

I drag him with me until I find an empty classroom, entering it. He had a satisfied smile. Did he do it on purpose?
《Why didn't you tell me?》

《I don't know what you're talking about.》 He was pretending to be dumb.

《You know what I'm talking about.》

He shrugs, making an innocent face. I'm going to punch him.

I snort loudly 《what should I do?》

《If you want I can invite you to the party.》

I feel another tic in the eye. 《invited...》 he nods 《in my own house.》 He nods again, smiling. I hope he's joking.

Does he want to play? So it will be.
I take a deep breath to calm my nerves. Let's see who plays with whom.

《Tae ...》 I say pouting.