81 | my cherry

ㅡ Chaerin's POV ㅡ

《So, are you ready for the real change?》Jimin asks with an exaggerated hint of happiness.

He has a hair dye in his hand. As I see it, a weapon.

《No, I mean yes, maybe ... I don't know.》Jimin crosses his arms, with a reproachful face.

I'm in it now, I said yes so I can't retreat back.

I take a deep breath and sit on the chair he put in the bathroom.

I look at him from the mirror that is in front of us. It's the only way I have to see him.

Jimin smiles victoriously as he unties my black hair from the ponytail. He takes them in his hand and, twisting them, pulls them lightly. He goes like this for a couple of seconds, what's up with him?

《What are you doing?》

《I practice.》

Practice? 《For what?》

He looks at me from the mirror and smiles at me in a perverted way, letting my imagination travel.

《Jimin ...》

《I am innocent, it's you who sees malice everywhere.》

《Oh sure, would that be me?》

《Yes.》He ruffles all my hair making me snort.

《Let's begin!》

《What colour are you going to do?》I ask. He is preparing the various vials.

《You'll find out later, first I'll have to do the discolouration and it will take a while since you have black hair.》

He dosages and shakes the products we bought this morning. He also had me do a coconut oil hair treatment to damage it as little as possible.

I can't believe he convinced me to dye my hair ... I never did it.

《You are experienced.》

《This bathroom has witnessed so many colours in my life. I have often changed colour. It was one of the few ways I had of expressing myself.》

《How many colours did you do?》

《Mmh ...》 he leans on the sink thinking. 《Maybe a dozen?》

《Wow. And you came all the way here to Busan just for that?》

《Yeah, whenever I couldn't control my emotions I would come to Busan just to get my dye in this bathroom.》He says realizing that maybe it was a crazy thing to do.

He starts doing the hair bleaching process, which will take hours. So meanwhile, we speak.

《There is a book you always carry around, that of Herman Hesse.》

《Ah, Demian you mean?》

《Yes, why do you always carry it with you?》

Jimin is sitting on the toilet, that is, in the sense, he is not doing his business, he is just sitting, obviously closed. I have my arm resting on the back of the chair, while I speak.

《It's the book I always read while waiting for Taemin, I recommend it, it's a good book.》

He smiles and leans with his elbows on his knees, casts a fleeting glance around and then fixes them on mine.

《Do you sometimes think about what your or my life would be like if he was here with us?》

《And if Taemin was yours?》I ask.