68 | ghost

ㅡ Jimin's POV ㅡ

Hwasa called me a little while ago, asking if I could reach her at Chaerin's house. Without asking too many questions I ran in my car and now I'm waiting for her to open the door. I hope Yoongi won't welcome me, he should have already moved in by now. I went past the house and everything seemed quite dead in there. Probably everyone has left since Yoongi has moved.

《Hey, come in.》 Luckily it's Hwasa.

I immediately look around the house to see if there is any difference and to my surprise, I note that it's all the same as how I had left it. That is, I was actually looking for signs of that dickead.

We exchange a quick greet.《What happened?》 Hwasa's face is drawn from tiredness, she has dark circles under her eyes. I don't see anyone besides her. There is an uneasy atmosphere, she is strange.

《Is Chaerin here?》

《Yeah, but you need to know somrthing first.》

I look at her waiting she will continue.

《That bastard, Yoongi left her without explanation.》

I widen my eyes in surprise. I mean, I figured he would do it sooner or later, he's a selfish asshole. He has always done things behind others backs.

But Chaerin no, she trusted him. Until the end and I can only imagine how much this is killing her. I need to see her.

《You didn't know?》

《No, why would I?》

《You are stepbrothers.》

《But we barely talk.》

《Maybe your parents know where he is?》

《I doubt it, he never warned them of his movements. But do you want to bring him back here or something?》

《No, but I would like to make him pay for reducing her that way again. It's the second time he does such a thing. You have no idea how I found her after Jin called me, she was destroyed. She was crying and it didn't seem like her either, she kept saying that it wasn't true and kept making up excuses for him.》

I'm speechless.

《I hate him with all my heart, more than before.》 Hwasa hisses through her teeth.

Me too.

《Where is she now?》

《In her room.》

Without adding anything else, I immediately go to her, throw my jacket and go up the stairs as quickly as possible. I knock on her door, I don't receive any reply but I enter anyway. I look first with my head, I immediately see her figure still on her bed, legs crossed with a curved back and while reading a book.

She looks up and smiles.

Her eyes tell me a lot about her past hours.

《Hi Jimin.》

Her gaze is not empty, it's filled with falsehoods. She is putting up a facade. I can feel it right away. It's not her.

I sit on her bed, she follows me with her eyes and very insistently.
We are two in this room but it feels like I'm the only one here.

She looks like a ghost.

《How are you?》 Couldn't you ask a dumber question, Jimin?

《Pretty well, you?》 She answers automatically.

It's as if she had a veil over her persona, as if the inner self is dormant.

《I'm ok too.》