55 | i love you, you love me, but not in the same way

ㅡ Chaerin's POV ㅡ

After the discussion with Yoongi, I needed to take my head off all the words he spoke. The bitter aftertaste in my mouth has not gone away.

From under one of the boys' doors, I see the light of a lamp filter under Jungkook's room. I knock softly on the door, but I don't receive any answer, I knock louder and I hear Jungkook answer in a surprising way.

《Hey Kook it's me.》

I open the door and remain paralyzed for half a second. He is in a swivel chair, messy hair, headphones on his head, hands frantically clicking the keys of the keyboard and mouse. He wore glasses, I had never seen them on him.

He is in nerd player mode.

《Noon-noona, take a seat, in a bit, I finish the game.》

He says casually without looking away from his computer. I sit on his bed as I watch him yelling into his microphone with his teammates.

I hold back laughter, it's funny to see him like this, it's a natural Jungkook. It's cute to see his focused gaze as he commands the characters to win.

《Come on, we almost won! Defend the mid and we'll do it!》 He yells into the microphone.

He slams happily his hand on the table when the screen shows "Victory".

He says goodbye to his friends and turns the chair towards me. He is all sweaty and has hair attached to his forehead, one leg is folded and he holds it over the chair.

《Sorry, I didn't think anyone was home.》he says messing up his hair and taking off his glasses.

《I just came back.》 I get up to lean on his desk, noting two particular photos standing among the books.

One looked like Jungkook e Taehyung together, behind them an amazing view of the blue sky and sunset.

But somehow, the second pic catches my attention.

《And this?》

ㅡ Jungkook's POV ㅡ

Chaerin looks at the photo between her fingers.

《It's particular. Why did you take a picture of our school entrance?》

《Ah ... the that-that photo I took it some time ago.》

She stares at me waiting for me to continue explaining. But to tell the truth, I am a little ashamed. I don't want her to think I'm strange.

She turns it to see what is written behind it, I curse myself. I wrote the date and time of when I took it with a pen behind because when I printed it was not there, I took the photo with my phone.

《Wah, you did it a long time ago.》she gasps.

《Yes, I took it, um, when I ...》 I scratch the back of my neck and then touch my chin.

《What does it represent?》

《The photo represents the exact place and moment where I saw you for the first time.》

The exact moment when I fell in love with you.

Her eyelashes flutter repeatedly, surprised. She looks at me in a very strange way. But the expression softens, at least I think.

《Wow Kook, it really is, wow ... I don't know what to say.》

《Don't you think it's strange?》 I ask shyly.