57 | save me

Some people were a little confused about the time period of the last chapter and this too. Everything happens before Chaerin returns after Taehyung and Jungkook go on vacation (why do I insist so much on this? You will understand it in this chapter. There will be something for the Taekook shippers!) Read everything!

ㅡ Jimin's POV ㅡ

《Jungkook, break the pipe back there!》

Jungkook runs to the tube connected to the drain and kicks it hard, breaking it. Tears away the rest of the tube that was attached to the car window.

We open the door and Taehyung falls dead weight towards us, I manage to catch him on the fly and the exhaust gas comes out intoxicating us as well.

I touch his neck to see if I feel his heartbeat while Jungkook calls the ambulance. It's weak but fortunately, it's there.

Jungkook approaches us with his cell phone in speakerphone.

"Can you hear your friend's heartbeat?"

A voice on the other side asks us, it must be a nurse who helps us for first aid.

《Yes, but it's very weak.》 I reply quickly.

"Is he breathing?"

I open my eyes when I bring my ear close to his nose, I don't hear anything. Taehyung isn't breathing.

《No-no he is not!》

"You have to give him mouth-to-mouth resuscitation, otherwise you'll risk losing him."

《I'll do it.》 Jungkook intervenes confidently.

He crouches next to me and takes Taehyung's face in his hands, with two fingers he closes his nose and with a big breath inside he attacks his lips with Taehyung's, practicing mouth-to-mouth breathing.

《Tae please ...》I beg.

Jungkook continues until we hear his breathing returning, but it was very feeble. After a while, the ambulance arrives and takes Taehyung away. We watch the vehicle move away from us with the sirens flashing in the road beside the woods.

If I think about it... Taehyung was going to end his life ... my blood boils with anger.

First, we take care of the car and we arrive at the hospital, both Jungkook and I remain silent, both because we are in shock, but also because we are tired, it's late at night. We don't know what to say, but what can we say in such a situation? Our best friend was about to commit suicide.

We arrive at the hospital and head straight to the counter for information.

《Which room is Kim Taehyung in?》

The lady behind the counter looks up from behind her glasses, annoyed by my tone and perhaps because I didn't even greet her, but I don't care, I want to reach Taehyung.

《Are you his relatives?》

《We are his brothers.》

The lady raises her eyebrow doubtfully.

《I need your documents.》

《Aish, please tell us where he is, he doesn't have a family, he only has us!》

Jungkook intervenes by slamming his hand on the counter, the lady jumps in the chair, frightened. I'm startled by the sudden explosion of Jungkook.

The lady snorts from her nose, but in the end, she gives us permission.

《Room 07, third floor.》