80 | yoongi&jimin

ㅡ Jimin's POV ㅡ

《Mommy? Where are you going?》

《My baby, mum has an extra shift at work, I'll be back in the morning.》

Mum says with her back towards me as she prepares her duffel bag with a strange thing on it, a purple mask that has black feathers on the back, it reminds me of the pirate flag like that of my toy.

Mum puts on her jacket. She is tired ... why does she keep working so hard? It's all dark outside.

With my little hand I pull her dress she is wearing, she is so beautiful ...

《My love, promise me to be good, mh?》she gets up to my height, hugs me and as she comes off she kisses me on the forehead, squeezing my cheeks.

She likes my cheeks so much, she said they remind her of soft and super delicious sweet. Which I like so so so much.

I nod, yes I'll be good for her. As she gets up, she loses her balance and has to keep herself on the sofa.

《Mommy ...》 my eyes sting, it's strange to see her like this.

I don't want her to go to work ... why can't she be with me?

《I'm fine, Jimin.》

She takes her things and she opens the door to go out. The streetlamp outside lights up the living room, with me inside and then the door closes. Everything becomes dark.

The house is empty. I look around for the lamp and turn it on by clicking the button.

I feel lost but I don't have to cry, I'm a good boy and I can be alone without my mum.

I want to give her a gift, I will draw something so beautiful for her and I will try to stay awake for when she comes back, so I can give her a happy return, here.

From my drawer, I take my white sheets and some colours, they are short pencils but they are fine anyway. Mum always loves all my drawings.

I get on the floor and start drawing. Before, I always drew mum, dad and me ... but now dad is gone. Mum said he can't come back and thus doesn't bring any more money so mum has to do everything now.

But I don't know what to draw anymore. What do I draw for dad? I only draw her and me in the new house.

Many things are still missing in this house; in the old house, as mum calls it, we had more space and I had toys everywhere. Even the colouring pencils were always new and shiny ...

After a while that I draw I start not seeing what I do anymore.

Oh no ... that bad feeling in my chest again. It always makes me cry and I don't understand why. I try to hit myself on the chest.

《Go away, I don't want, I don't want.》

This thing in my chest always comes when mum goes to work at night and has to leave me alone, why does it happen so much?

I wipe my face with my t-shirt soaked in tears and snot.

Time passes, but in the end, I fall asleep, waiting for mum to come back ...

I remember the time spent alone with my mum as if it were yesterday.

She worked all day and I had to grow up pretty fast, I had to look after myself. Because unfortunately, we couldn't afford a babysitter, we didn't even have close relatives.