31 | taemin

Flashback
ㄴ                     

I was reading a book that my uncle recommended me. Demian, of Herman Hesse. An old book, but very interesting, I often feel like the protagonist.

But my reading is interrupted by the presence of someone at the door. There was no one at home, so I had to get up to see who it was.

I get up from the couch, ㅡ even though with a little effort, ㅡ and open the door, my body stiffens, my breath stops.

《Yoongi ...》

《Hi Chaerin.》

Yoongi managed to find me. I didn't know how, or rather, I know how, probably by using his ways and the people he has available to do what he wants. Like he always did.

His surprised expression is fixed on my belly, of course. I let him in the house. We are sitting on the couch and drinking water that I offered him.

I would have liked to put poison in it, but I refrain from making some shit decisions, for once. These crazy hormones make me have strange thoughts.

This whole scene is so surreal, me, pregnant, Yoongi, the person I hate most in the world, sitting on the couch that doesn't know where to look or what to say. If it were not that his presence irritates me, I would laugh. He's so insecure, vulnerable, I've never seen him like this.

I would seem psychopathic if I started laughing. But let me say it, too many things are happening in my life right now to not look a little crazy.

《I'm sorry for your mom, I know how much you cared about her.》

I don't answer, I nod tightening my lips forming a line.

《How are you?》 Rests the glass, drank water almost all in one gulp.

I pour him some more. I prayed internally that somehow Yoongi drowns himself with this water.

《Good? I think.》

《How did it happen?》he asks, pointing at my belly, scratching his neck in embarrassment afterwards.

I raise an eyebrow《you know how these things work, you don't need me to explain it to you, right?》

《No-I didn't mean, that is, I wanted-》takes a deep breath《whatever.》he closes his eyes and shuts up.

《That's the reason you kind of run away?》

I nod. Silence falls on us. Yoongi took a few sips from time to time.

《Why are you here?》I hiss, crossing my arms.

He clears his throat.
《I want to make it up to you.》

《No, Yoongi. I don't care and I don't want to.》

《Give me a chance.》he approaches me.

《No.》 I say again, more firmly. I get up from the couch, with my hand on my baby, 《go out, please.》

Yoongi looks towards the door, where my finger is pointing. His face low. That day he left, saying nothing. And I thought it was solved, but oh, how wrong was I.

After that day he returned in the following days, I ignored every time he came home, pushed him away, closed the door in his face. My aunt, my mother's sister, wanted to report him, but I didn't want to magnify the situation at that point.

So, in the end, I had to face him again. And I didn't know how or what to say. My head was completely messed up. But now he was here in front of me, asking to give him another chance, starting with a dinner with him.