14 | virgin

CHAERIN'S POV

My phone's ringtone wakes me up. I try to reach it but I realize I can't do it. Taehyung held me tightly in his arms, preventing me from moving.
I move his arm, liberating myself from its grip and turn off the phone.

I take a deep breath as I sit with my back to Taehyung, he is still sleeping. I curse at myself mentally for what I did last night with Taehyung. I'm so weak.

As I return my gaze to Taehyung I see him stretching and yawning 《morning ~》

《Morning ...》 I try to fake a decent smile.

《Come here ~》 he catches me throwing me back on the bed, he sticks to me like a koala, hugging me again.

《Yesterday was the last time, Taehyung.》 my warm breath hits his still-bare skin.

His hand that was stroking my back suddenly stops.
He detaches me from him, holding me by the shoulders, staring into my eyes 《what do you mean?》

I sit down again and so does he. I take a big breath 《we can't go on like this ...》 I try to use the quietest tone possible.

《You can't, Chaerin.》

《Why?》 I look at him strangely.

《Because ... I need you.》

《You have dozens of girls who would like to fuck with you ... you don't need me.》

《I don't want them.》 The tone of his voice was as serious as his gaze was.

Takes my hand 《I want you, Chaerin.》

《Taehyung ...》 I understand what he was going to say.

《Chaerin I ...》

《Please don't.》I beg him.

《I fell in love with you.》

I close my eyes slowly, realizing that I made a mess.
《Taehy-》 he interrupts me by kissing me gently. It was sweet, really sweet that it melts me. But I couldn't let myself go, not again.

I detach from his kiss, his face was still very close to mine, he licks his lips. I can't interpret his look, his eyes were bright.
He takes my face in his hand, his thumb caressing my skin
《Be mine, Chaerin.》 His voice was hoarse, and hearing he say these words caused an electric shock down my back.

《I'm sorry ... I can't.》 I get out of bed, he doesn't look away from me. Now his eyes expressed only sadness. And that was what I wanted to avoid. I don't want to hurt him. He doesn't deserve it.

《Chaerin ...》 his voice sounded like a pleading whisper.
《Forgive me, Taehyung.》 I turned my back to him.
《Why?》he jumps up, reaching me and standing in front of me, his gaze turns in mine again.

《Love is not for me. Love is overrated.》

I leave his room before he can reply, I walk slowly towards my room, closing the door. I throw out the air I was holding back.
I prepare to go to school, but always with Taehyung in my head.

I hear him leaving the house before me. Hwasa was right, I was playing with their feelings without even realizing it.

As soon as I arrive at school I see Hwasa, join her and immediately tell her what happened. She sees that I was about to cry, she embraces my body consoling me.

Taehyung ignored me the whole day. He didn't even look at me as we met in the corridors, he generally smiled at me.

During the lesson I reflect on all the moments we spent together, and all those little signs that I should have noticed his feelings. I feel so stupid.