19 | alone

Chaerin's and Taehyung's parents had died on that plane that fell into the open sea, due to the disastrous storm of those days. Chaerin and Taehyung now, were without parents.

The last time they saw Chaerin was at their parents' funeral. After that day, she disappeared. Without warning anyone, except Hwasa.

She left a letter to Taehyung, Jimin and Jungkook, where she asked them not to look for her and to forgive her but she needed to be alone. She would've spent a short time with other relatives in another city. Finishing the school year with them and also the summer.

After the news of the parents, the world of Chaerin and Taehyung collapsed on them. They found themselves alone. The police arrived at their doors communicating the news to them and that, unfortunately, the bodies were not found, like those of the other victims.

It was a sad and heartbreaking funeral for everyone. Neither Chaerin nor Taehyung would have ever imagined themselves living that day. Chaerin remained silent all the time, without a tear, a scream, nothing. Hwasa stood by her side the whole time, she didn't want anyone else, not even Taehyung. And that hurt him a lot.

Yoongi, Jin, Namjoon and Hoseok also came to the funeral, but everyone ignored them.

Taehyung tried to control himself all the time. He needed to be with Chaerin. But he was on his own during the funeral, Jimin and Jungkook stayed by his side.

[...]

《Hwasa, where did Chaerin go?》 Taehyung blocks Hwasa on the way to school. She tried to avoid them all this time.

《I won't tell you. I promised.》

《Please ... 》Taehyung's pleading voice, broke 《I'm going crazy without knowing where she is ...》

《Sorry, Taehyung.》Hwasa looked at him apologetically.

《I need her ... Hwasa, please.》 Taehyung felt his throat tighten, he needed Chaerin. He had to know if she was okay. He was suffering. He had lost his father. He had no one in this world but Chaerin.

And not having her next to him was destroying him.

《I'm really sorry ...》 Hwasa frees herself from his grip, continuing to walk in her next class.

《None of them give up, I see.》

Hwasa shakes her head at Wheein, who joined her soon after.
《I promise her. I will never betray her.》Wheein smiles at her, stroking her back 《you are a fantastic best friend. But as a girlfriend, you're even better.》gives her a wink, Hwasa laughs, giving her girlfriend a quick kiss.

《It has already been 3 weeks since she left ... do you know when she will come back?》 Hwasa shakes her head 《I don't know, Chaerin doesn't even know. Perhaps when she feels ready.》 she says with a shrug.

《Yoongi also came to me begging to tell him where Chaerin is ...》 she laughs sarcastically 《he is the last person I would tell.》she says with a grimace.

《Wow ...》 Wheein is stunned 《so everyone has already asked you?》 Hwasa nods as they enter the classroom.

[...]

Yoongi enters his house throwing his jacket on the coat rack, frustrated snorts.

《You found out where she is?》 Hoseok asks as soon as he sees him enter the salon.

Yoongi shakes his head 《her friend didn't want to tell me ...》

《What do you plan to do?》Namjoon asks adding to the others. They were all already at Yoongi's house, as always, after school.