Chapter 1

Love can make you oblivious to the problems that surround you. No brighter future was ever going to come. At least not any time soon.

The mentions of the war getting out of hand started not long after the last happy evening of our lives.

Nothing has been bright since that evening, the darkness of the death eaters swallowed not only our freedom but also our happiness.

That evening, as I sang to Remus, like every full moon. I felt this oppression, this sensation of fear I had never felt.

It was like my instincts knew about the up coming danger before anyone else did, including and especially me.

The ministry hid the problems surrounding our world well, so well, even most witches and wizards were unaware of what was going on.

The war had started in 1970, I couldn't believe the ministry had been hiding it for 8 years but now that people started to go missing on a daily basis, and that the number of murders increased. People began to understand, they begun to panic.

Nothing scares people more than the unknown, and at the time the unknown was Tom Riddle.

The man who had once been a student at hogwarts and now had decided to purifiy the world with poison.

The one known as the Dark Lord, a man so feared people feared the name. Voldemort.

For months on end, we were ignorant as to what was happening. I continued to go to hogwarts studying for our N.E.W.T.S exam.

I stayed by my friends who were also just as clueless as I was. The mauraders and Lily.

At first it may have been ignorance, but rapidly I knew I was just denying it. It was hard to pretend to be unaware of a war preparing itself when half of my house were joining the Dark Lord.

I tried to ignore it, I felt something was wrong but I didn't want to believe it.

It's hard to watch your loved ones and friends perish away, the death of someone close to you can be a destroying event in one's life.

But imagine instead of death, you watch your friends slowly turn themselves into your enemies. Not because they hate you, but for a reason much worse, they believe in a cause that will forever separate you from them.

You lost your friends because of their beliefs, their families, their traditions. It brings you to question whether or not you are the enemy.

This was what it was like to be a slytherin. Either you lost everyone you loved or you joined a cause you hated.

This wasn't purifiying anything, it was separating, breaking and destroying anything that held love.