Chapter 9

"He what?" lily stumbled over the carpet as I explained to the group what Dumbledore had told and asked of me.

I didn't want to keep it from them, especially considering I wanted to ask for their help.

"Why would he do that?" James asked,

"manipulatation maybe? Classic signs," Siruis answered,

"it doesn't matter why, how, or what, you should say no," Remus intervined,

"Why ?" I asked

"because!" Remus shouted, than lowering his voice realizing how violent he was being, "because whenever Dumbledore asks something of someone it never really brings good news,"

"he hasn't asked anything yet, besides if I can't perfect Occlumency it doesn't even matter he won't need me,"

"do you have any idea what it takes to perfect Occlumency Viel?" Remus asked furious,

"for a matter of fact I do! Remus I get that you're upset about this but please try and stay calm!"

"calm? Calm!" he raised his voice again, "well I'm so sorry that I'm taking it personally, it's not at all as if my own girlfriend was willingly signing up for torture,"

"that may be going a little far Remus," James  interrupted,

"Are you kidding me?" Remus cried out, "Do any of you have even the slightest clue as to what it is like?"

"Remus we understand what you're saying," lily tried to comfort, "but if Viel has made the decision to go through with it, all we can do is accept that decision and help her however we can,"

"I certainly do not have to do anything of the sort," Remus refused, "let me make myself very clear, I am not supporting you in this Viel,"

"I believe you," I sighed, "and I get it, it's alright,"

"fuck!" Remus sweared as he left the room, everyone's gaze followed him until he was out of sight.

"should we maybe check on him," James asked,

"no, leave it," I answered, "he needs time to process it and calm down, I'll talk to him later,"

"are you sure about this Viel, I mean you're signing up for alot," Lily came back onto the topic,

"she's right Viel are you sure about this?" James added,

"I know you guys are worried, but if this could help us win I want to help. I don't know what he wants me to do but I can always say no later on,"

"who you going to ask?" Siruis suddenly entered into the conversation again,

"what?" I asked curiously not sure what he was talking about,

"come on Viel, you didn't just tell us to tell us, you need someone to help you with this, so? Which one of us do you want?"

"you're talking as if I were picking an object,"

"just choose," he added,

"I'm not choosing anyone, I'm not going to force you guys to help me if you don't want to, if you agree with Remus that's fine,"

"fine than I'll do it,"

Everyone turned and looked at Siruis,

"mate you're kidding right?" James finally had the courage to be the first to say something,

"nope, I'm not, if she wants to do it I'd rather support her in it than turn myself against her. Besides by being the one holding the wand I can stop it when it's needed. I'd prefer knowing what's happening and being able to stop it than refusing to take part and letting her be torture by someone we may not be able to trust, "

" that is maybe the smartest and kindest thing you have ever said, " I answered," thank you Siruis, "

" what can I say," he shrugged his shoulder, " you're one of my best mates girlfriend, if he doesn't have the strength in himself to do it that's fine, but none of us want to see you getting hurt,"

"I don't know how to react to this situation to be honest, " lily mumbled under her breath, "does anyone want cake?"

"Me!" Siruis called out,

I rolled my eyes before sighing, "You eat way to much Sugar,"

"jokes on you I'm made of Sugar baby!"