Chapter 68

"she's staying at my place," there was a small pause on Siruis's side of the phone call as James spoke, "No James nothing wierd is going on,"

"really? You sure?"

"yes I'm sure James, I mean Viel's fun no fair that you guys get to keep her all the time,"

"oh fun right,"

"James seriously how old are you?"

"as if you weren't holding back your laughter on the other end of the call"

"I'm going to hang up now James,"

"what? No wai-" a singular high pitch note indicated that the line had been cut.

And as it continued to ring across the living room a large stumble could be heard at the top of the stairs.

Siruis frowned a second believing he had imagined it but still properly hang up the phone to listen more attentively.

"Hey?" He called out, "everything okay up there?" he waited a second but didn't seem to hear a response, so he walked towards the staircase and called again. This time someone answer.

"No !" a voice squeaked from the bathroom, "help, please,"

Siruis's frown shifted to that of concern as he bolted up the stairs and flung the bathroom door open.

"Not that urgent!" I screamed as I  stood their topless, in shock and frantically trying to cover myself as a flustered Siruis stared intensively,

"Sorry!" he cried, only the muscles around his, lips moving, allowing him to speak.

"Don't say sorry and just stand there! Close the door you idiot!"

"right!"

"Now knock!" I ordered once the door was closed, "and wait for me to say you can come in!"

His fist trembled slightly as he went to knock on the door, "can I come in?"

"yes.." I sighed pulling my shirt over my shoulders and down over my chest, "we can pretend that never happened,"

"I can't!" he admitted, "I might never be able to see anything else ever again,"

"Oh my god would you stop!"

"I'm being honest, I don't wish to see anything else ever again just you standing there-"

"stop!" I yelled as I threw my towel at him as to shut him up, "stop it already, enough with the sarcasme,"

"I'm not being that sarcastic,"

"as if!" I hissed, "you're telling me you'd enjoy seeing-" I moved my arms around my body to gesture that he'd like to see my body,

"I mean," he scratched the back of his head, "you're pretty,"

"Pretty !" I scoffed, "I'm filled with open wounds, scars and and-" I couldn't finish my sentence,

"I don't get it?" Siruis stared at me in confusion, "what's the matter with the way you look? I mean what about Remus? Despite the way he looked you loved him?"

"what? What's that got to do with anything?"

"I mean, I'm pretty sure I've seen Remus naked more than you have,"

"what ?" I frowned where was he going with this,

"Viel, the point is, your scars don't make you ugly, you're a magnificent women. Anyone would be lucky to see you in all your beauty,"

"Wait a second, how many times have you seen Remus naked?"

"that wasn't the point Viel! The point is that your skin isn't what counts, you are beautiful don't forget that, cause I as sure hell won't!"

"you perv! Are you on a mission? Trying to see all the mauraders naked?"

"What? No, if I were though, I've nearly succeeded,"

"whose missing?"

"who do you think dumbass?"

"it's Lilly! It has to be, there's no way you would have survived it,"

"what you think you're the only women's boobs I've ever seen?"

"that's not at all what I said,"

"nice, squishy, soft boobs,"

"Alright enough,"

"beautiful, round, voluptuous boobs,"

"enough already!" I laughed as I stuff my towel down his throat, "now you're just proving yourself wrong,"

"how so!" he fought back,

"only horny teenages boys who have never seen anything but images describe boobs like some sort of godly thing,"

"oh I wasn't describing boobs in general just yours, since they're apparently the only pair I've seen, that's all the data I've got,"

"you idiot! How cocky can you get!" I hit him repeatedly with the towel, "don't you have any manners?"

"what I complimented you!"

"god, I don't even need to be your friend to tell you've never been in relationship,"

"hey, now that's mean! Plus I have!"

"highschool sweethearts that last a week cause you got bored do not count Siruis!"

"Alright than I've just had one,"

"9 days doesn't count as one either,"

"Well it's more than a week!"

"yes you're right Siruis 9 days definitely counts since it's so long, a day more and you wouldn't have been able to count that far!"

"Oh shut up!" he smiled at me as he brushed his hair out of his face. I couldn't help it, his smug expression was contagious I automatically found myself smirking back at him with a slick look.

I'm smiling? When I thought about it I always acted childlike around Siruis, not that that was a bad thing, on the contrary I enjoyed it. It almost felt like all our worries disappeared just for a few seconds as we returned back to our teenage years. I felt reckless and carefree when we joked around like this. I felt happy.

"Euh Viel, you're bleeding,"

"What ?" I was snapped back to reality when Siruis called my name pointing at my shoulder, "oh that, don't worry it's just one of the cuts that keeps reopening itself. That's actually why I called you in here I can't wrap it up myself it's to complicated,"

"oh no sure, I'll definitely help," he grabbed the bandages laying on the counter and glued his eyes on my shoulder before he became frozen in time, "mhm I don't know what to do actually,"

"Well," I pulled my arm out of the sleeve of my shirt and pulled it through the neck hole so my whole chest wouldn't be exposed once again, "for starters you need to be able to see the wound,"

"right right, and now?"

I giggled slightly at how naive he was, "now you just have to desinfect it and wrap the bandage around it,"

He grabbed the bottle laying on the counter and poured a little of the substance on a small cotton towel before applying to the wound.

"ouch," I winced as the alcool came in contact with my skin,

"did I hurt you? I'm sorry, should I stop?"

"it's fine," I reassured him as I lightly placed my opposite hand on his hand that was still laying on my shoulder. "it's normal that it stings Siruis,"

As delicatly as he could he wrapped the bandage over than under than over again until it was secure over the wound.

"you good?" he asked once more as he officially finished bandaging me up.

"I'm doing better,"