Chapter 55

The old man stood still with the open box resting in his hands. The box was covered in dust but the wand looked like it had never been touched.

I stared intensely at the wand laying in the black draped box. It's brown colour making it stand out while being placed on the dark black colour of it's protecting case that had kept it safe for so long.

Carefully I inspected the small wand that couldn't be any longer than 9 inches.

The handle on the wand had a curved pattern that largely resemble the form the wand was carved in.

"Go on!" Ollivander called out, I had lost myself as I stood there admiring the white piece of wand, "pick it up,"

Gently I picked up the handle on the wand with my right hand, it felt so light and heavy at the same time.

There was this sense of security that overfilled me as I held the wand. I felt like I could sense what this small piece of wood was feeling and that it itself knew what I was too.

"it appears you've found your wand, 9 inch made of Larch wood and Phoenix feather with a rigid flexibility. Larch wood wands are often an outstripped supply even though they are tricky to handle. So you are extremely lucky I had forgotten about this one,"

There was another spark in his eyes as he stared intensely at the wand,
"I find that wands made of Larch always create wands of hidden talents and unexpected effects, which likewise describes the master who deserves it.

It is often the case that the witch or wizard who belongs to the larch wand may never realise the full extent of their considerable talents until paired with it, but that they will then make an exceptional match."

Exceptional match? Did such a thing exist? Could such a thing exist?

The room was quiet, as I sat on the side of the bed in the guest room at lily and james's house, gazing down at the small wand.

This was the room in which I had been staying in for the past couple of weeks now. The room I would also most likely be staying in for the forseeable future.

I sighed, the silence was unbearable, unbearable because it wasn't actually silent. I didn't want to be alone right now, because being alone meant being with my thoughts.

As quiet as they were for others, for me, they were the loudest sound I had ever heard. Right now all I could hear was the conversation I had with Remus a few hours earlier over and over again.

His words along with mine echoed within my head like a broken disc stuck on the same track, the words slowly blended together as they repeated themselves so often they lost their rhythm.

It was unbearable, yet I believe i deserved it. It still felt unreal, like a bad dream I would soon wake up from, but I'll never wake up. This was really happening.